New to feeding raw

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He's a big boy!

Question - is there a reason you want to keep him on any kibble at all? Are you feeding him a low carb, grain free kibble? There's really only a couple of them. But especially for overweight cats, kibble isn't the best food option....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sara grogan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He is on a very good kibble and eats very little of it. He eats grain free, grain makes his ears icky. His kibble gets put in the slim cat food ball and its under an 1/8 cup. The kibble is one thing that he can always keep down. He also showes signs of pica and having the kibble ball keeps from finding a snack on wires or plastic of the house. I know its not best for him but he likes it, keeps it in, and helps him stay out of trouble so for me its great.

harleydiva

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
He is on a very good kibble and eats very little of it. He eats grain free, grain makes his ears icky. His kibble gets put in the slim cat food ball and its under an 1/8 cup. The kibble is one thing that he can always keep down. He also showes signs of pica and having the kibble ball keeps from finding a snack on wires or plastic of the house. I know its not best for him but he likes it, keeps it in, and helps him stay out of trouble so for me its great.
You might want to substitute freeze dried raw bits for the kibble???  I hear you on the pica....I have one of those too.  We have to be extremely diligent with twist ties, cellophane, plastic, etc.