New kitty coming home tomorrow!

oopsmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A friend of a friend posted on Facebook, desperately looking for a home for her kitty. She's going through a lot right now, her bf has cancer, she's not supposed to have a cat in her apartment and her landlord found out and she's just heartbroken. She doesn't want him to go to a shelter - she's so afraid he'd be frightened and stressed and maybe not adopted.

I melted as soon as I saw the pics. He looks SO much like our sweet Pikachu who we lost last fall. Hubby and I talked it over and we have room for one more. So today I set up the spare bedroom for him, with a cozy bed and a litter box, and tomorrow I'll bring him home and begin the process of socialization.

He's 3 years old, neutered male, long hair and 14 pounds. I told his mom that if she finds herself in a position where she can have him, she can of course take him back but until that day, we will love him and spoil him like we do the other three. And if it never happens, that's fine too.

So meet Scooter.  :)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, lucky Scooter that you can take him in.  
  What a beautiful boy.  I look forward to hearing about how he does in his new digs.  How many other cats do you have?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

oopsmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have three others. This is Oops, my little girl who is the queen of the house.

And this is Rocky on the left, who is Oops' littermate, and Stash - their adopted brother. All three are about a year and a half old so I think they'll adapt quickly to a new friend.

bobkater

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Compliments on your action of adopting him, he is a handsome guy, may you both be happy with the arrangement. But make sure he integrates with the existing cats smoothly, as newcomers are not usually welcome. Introduce him gradually and at feeding time, so that his presence is associated with something pleasant.