New kitten

juppie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, my first time here but anyway..... I went to my friends house today, first thing when I walked in the door she said "I have something for you!". Well anyway, it turned out to be a solid white kitten. She found it in her huskies outside pen, so yes, thank you for it being alright just from that. Well anyway, I took it and brought it to my sisters boss who use to work for a vet. He said it is about 4 weeks old, and looks perfectly healthy.

The only problem we seem to be having is getting it to eat formula, should I be worried at this age? We bought the KMR 2nd stage formula. My friend was feeding it wet cat food for the day she had it, and it eats a little bit of it, but I'm still worried about the kitten properly digesting the adult food.

I was thinking of mixing the formula with the cat food in for a little bit of extra nutrition, but still it might be to much on her stomach. Any ideas or suggestions would help

-Juppie

snowleop

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats on the new kitty-cat! What are you going to name him?

There are many kitten experts on this site (I am not one of them), so you should have answers to your questions soon.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

juppie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I wanted to name her Snow, but my sister complained it's to common and named her Blue because of her eyes, our cat that passed away in December at the age of 18 was named Sparkles because of her blue eyes when we got her, my sister had named her also. She is so cute..... hmmmm... which somehow remindes me, at this age due they need stimulation to go to the bathroom, she seems to be urinating fine, but we got her home about 9 hours ago and hasn't pooped yet.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Juppie

I wanted to name her Snow, but my sister complained it's to common and named her Blue because of her eyes, our cat that passed away in December at the age of 18 was named Sparkles because of her blue eyes when we got her, my sister had named her also. She is so cute..... hmmmm... which somehow remindes me, at this age due they need stimulation to go to the bathroom, she seems to be urinating fine, but we got her home about 9 hours ago and hasn't pooped yet.
Given her age...I would recommend that you visit this site:

http://www.kitten-rescue.com

It has all kinds of advice on taking care of orphaned kittens.

Katie

princesstiffany

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congrats!!!
Awww! How adorable! I hope we can see some pics soon!

I don't think she needs to be stimulated at 4 weeks. My kitties were using the litter box on their own at that age! (They're 6 weeks now)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

juppie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It's a girl
My Sparkles was a girl to, a little grey tabby. Having a little kitten around remindes me of Sparkles again, at first I said we should name the new kitten after Sparkles, but my sister didn't like that idea...... I hope to get a picture of the new ball of fluff, but of course to get that lovley camera to work is another story. And I think I will give her another 24 hours before I decide if there is a problem with her pooping, the site said they might not go every day.