New guy, 2 cats with circular markings

kulboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, I have been lurking around here for a couple of months now and this forum is great. I have 2 cats, Tina, she is a year old this month and Cassie, she is 7 months old. Both I adopted from a rescue organization. When I got Tina I thought it was so cool that she had circular markings on her sides. 6 months later we found Cassie with the same circular markings. I assumed that these were kind of rare but apparently not. Anyone else seen cats with these types of markings? These 2 cats have been great, they both fetch and are excellent lap cats. Cassie is having some problems right now but we are working vigorously with the vet on this. Thanks everyone and look forward to many years on this site.

ilovesiamese

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS.

Well we have some exellent forums that you can talk about health and behavior issues. I hope to get to know you better soon.

Kallie

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! My folks have a cat with the circular markings - I love that pattern on a tabby! Sending {{{prayers & vibes}}} that Cassie's problems are resolved quickly & completely. Susan

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, Sierra, Serenity, and I welcome you to TCS!
So glad you and your beautiful little ones joined us and look forward to getting to know you better!
I would be so happy to help you in any way as you learn your way around the site. Please, simply click on my user name and send me a Private Message!

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. As you can see, I have circular markings on my sides too. I'm Sadie, a 4 month old Ocicat.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all welcome on board - glad to have you.

I think what you mean is a clasics tabby - round swirls. Take a look at this website.

http://cc.ysu.edu/~helorime/TabPat.html

My boy Loki is what is called a marble bengal - it's similar to the classic Tabby markings.

Now all that is needed is pics of your babies!!

Oh and here is a pic of my Baby Loki

captiva

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the site! If you need any help with the site, please message me and let me know. I know there are different types of tabbies that have various markings . Perhaps if you were able to post a picture, some of the members could help you.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kulboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I guess they both have a bulls eye on there sides. As they get older, heavier, and thicker fur, it is harder to see but it is there. Here is a pic of the new kitty. You can click on the thumbnail for a bigger picture.

[/url][/IMG]

stampit3d

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Our Toby is a classic tabby too with those swirley markings. (Beautiful cats, are`nt they?)
Be sure you check out Baby Harley on the cat site too. Somewhere on here she put a picture of Harley and his swirleys actually form a SMILEY FACE on his side!!! Too cool1
Welcome to TCS! We`re glad to have you join us.
Linda