New Format? 8/6/2023

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Between early this morning, approx 6 AM EDT, and now at 1pm EDT, has there been a huge format change?
I am finding that the original page layout is changed, along with all the other pages. I am also seeing, under 'My Watched threads" , t has not updated to what the threads I have read earlier in the day. It has all of my 'watched threads', but they are all unread--- not updated..

Call me an old stick in the mud, but it is kind of hard to suddenly see....

Thanks

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This format has changed to the point that the right hand side listings - Staff On Line, Members On Line, and Latest Posts, etc. now resides at the bottom of the 'page' following all the Forum Listings. To what point? I hope this was an accident and soon corrected.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I cant take a screenshot on my phone but it is really bad. Why update it anyways? If it aint broke dont try to fix it.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if the site has been hacked? They usualy announce updates or they have in the past. But as it is it is almost completly unusable. And why do an update during peak activity?

Feels more like a hacker got in.

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, looks back to normal!! Oops, except the Featured threads aren't listed.
Are you talking about like
Behavior
Health so on and so forth? If so it is back.
Everything seems back to normal. I went to get on just a bit ago and it said webpage not available. I was upset I was hoping and praying it would come back up. I was worried during the update something crashed the site.

I absolutely love this site and everyone here.

I appreciate everything the staff members and moderators do for this site! You all are amazing!!!

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No. Normally at the top of all the listings, before Cat Care Forums, and even before Unanswered Threads, there is a section titled Featured Threads. That is still not there.
Ohhh yes I know what you're talking about.. sorry I thought you were referring to the different types of threads. Yes it is still missing. I'm sorry about that I misunderstood.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Everything on the board looks great here on my end, but my private messages are acting up. I have had 2 email notifications that I've had a reply, but the reply is not there and my latest sent message is not either. (For example, a member wrote me today in response to what I wrote Saturday, but it shows our last correspondence was Friday.)

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything on the board looks great here on my end, but my private messages are acting up. I have had 2 email notifications that I've had a reply, but the reply is not there and my latest sent message is not either. (For example, a member wrote me today in response to what I wrote Saturday, but it shows our last correspondence was Friday.)
My whole conversation from today is not there.. I wonder (because it was during the time everything was going wonky with "X's" everywhere and names of members being trippled and quadrupled) I messaged a mod to see if there was a site problem or update.. Anyway it is gone so I wonder if it is because of the time we were messaging was when the site was glitching trying to update??

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is anyone noticing pictures in the threads missing? Like for instance one thread in health talking about a cat talking about black stuff in vomit and another one talking about the kittys paw the pic isn't there.. I'm not seeing any pictures on most posts.. is the system still being tinkered with?

It isn't every post just some..

Last edited:

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Because of the glitch, we had to go to a backup from this morning. Unfortunately, some PMs and notifications are now lost and will not be recovered. If you see posts that have missing elements, please flag them so we can see where the problems still exist.