New Cat Vs. Kittens

python-spurs

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm new-ish to owning cats and have hit a problem I've never dealt with before. I've also had a hard time finding an answer to my particular problem.

Most threads I've seen have reverse problems. I have a pair of sister kittens that are around four months old that were originally fostered along side their two other siblings and an older cat. We've had them for roughly a month and besides the typical kitten nuisances they've been amazing. Yesterday we adopted a shelter cat and brought her home. She's one of the sweetest and most loving cats I've met and is constantly seeking attention from us. Shes also super chill with the kittens and seems to want to be around them and doesnt mind there presence but neither of the kittens can even stand to look at her. They puff up and hiss at her if they see her. She's hissed a couple times back at them (though they always started it).

I've looked up a bunch of different remedies and I know they need time to adjust but I haven't seen anything with suggestions for kittens being the problem.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Even kittens need time to adjust to a new cat. She is bigger than them and she smells strange so of course they are going to hiss. Give them some space, separate her from them for a couple of days so they can get used to her smells and they will adjust just fine.