New Cat Agressive And Scaring Resident Cat And Dog

RaveWhit

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 10 year old beagle and 8 year old Tabby Cat. I recently saved a cat from the shelter and she is 6-9 months old. I introduced them first hoping for the best but she growled at my resident cat and scared him so much he wouldn't eat and was jumpy all day even after I put her in the bathroom. She runs at my dog and gets on two legs and bats his face and messes with him til he gets upset. My resident cat is curious but she is growling and hissing and scares him. I did get them to eat across from a gate for a few minutes but I'm wondering if Luna(new kitty) is going to continue to be this way? My family thinks she was an outdoor cat and that that means she may not be suitable for my household. It has only been 3 days so I am not giving up yet but I really hope that I don't have to give up Luna. I was not expecting her to come in my house and initiate all of this (my dog ignores resident kitty and her til she messes with him). She does rub against me and head butt me. She also licked my mom's face so she seems to be sweet...but is feisty. Thanks!