Never Have I Meet A Cat With Such Personality

Cyndrz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Normally I dont pay any mind to cat breeds because well I just love cats for who they are. I have 7 cats in all, very healthy and all rescues except one who is a generation of cats with our family for many generations and we always kept 1 baby. So with that said I was reading up on the Bengals after a tragic accident with a rescued kitten that had me devastated like never before. It was 4 kittens and I took home 2 of the males, the one we lost was like no cat I had even meet, he was very possessive of me, even batting at the other cats and or the dogs when they came near me. When people would come to visit he would be right on top of me as if to say "she is mine" and what a cuddle bug, every night he was right there wanting to cuddle up to my neck and slept with me all night this way and waking me every morning when he decided it was time to get up and eat and very possessive of his litterbox. I want to add that he wasn't an easy cat to care for and overly curious that became a fulltime job that we failed at, he would climb into the oven even if it was on and in the refrigerator and other dangerous areas till yes there was finally a tragic accident and he was only maybe 12 weeks old at the time. Never have I had a cat as such and never have I cried and screamed at the lose of a pet as i did with this kitten. He had no identifying markings in fact was very common tabby look to him but now his brother who is very spoiled and also a very rare personality without the possessiveness to only 1 person, a bit more social. I am wondering if maybe both had Bengal in the background, its very hard to be for sure because the traits described for the bengal personalities fit all my cat who are all loud when they want their way and most all day long, all drink from the faucet and all want to cuddle me when i am in the bathroom so them personality traits tell me nothing really other than even Bengals act like typical cats. Here is some photo which were not easy to get when he is trying to eat the camera as i am taking photos.
IMG_20170808_231329386.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cyndrz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
His paws look white here but they are not white but a very distinct gray and stripes or marbling is tanish/brownish with spots on his belly and a racoon looking tail, i am just not good at taking photos but here is more.
IMG_20170808_231517560.jpg
IMG_20170808_231517560.jpg
IMG_20170808_231428451.jpg

Cyndrz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I also want to point out the paws are all 4 black and his fur is like pure silk and here is a photo of both brothers together, the only one i have before the accident. I am very paranoid now with the brother that is left, he is 16 weeks now and keeps getting outside but I am scared of losing him too. I forgot about the ears, he had fur tips on the top of his ears like nothing i have seen before that his surviving brother don't seem to have. The one in the front "Bandit" is the one we lost and named that because he would literally steal your food off your plate and fight you to get it, they both eat massive amounts of food, the one behind is Rascal because like his brother he very adventurous and very naughty but in the cutest ways.
IMG_20170610_234422169.jpg

Last edited:

Cyndrz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am just not good at photos because he isn't blue at all in fact he is very tan/brown with greys and blacks. My oldest cat from the family line now he is solid blue and they are not even close to being the same. I can try to get a better picture, I know these don't do him justice at all but he is in no way blue. I am pretty sure he is of tabby marking for tabby isn't a breed at all and yes he has marbled tabby markings with a very distinct butterfly mark on top of his back but his true coloring is tan/black with some grey around his belly and paws. Thank you so much for replying and the compliment, no matter what he is I adore him as I do all my babies. I think my concern was the personality after losing his brother I am so worried that Rascal here will get into a dangerous situation and I don't think I can handle another lose that devastating. People are always asking me if he is a human or an alien posing as a cat because he talks to everyone, he answers you and makes many different sound well all my cats make odd sounds like chirping at birds or squeaking at squirrels and some even bark like the dogs but Rascal makes human sounds like mmhmmm and umm or hmmmm like he is thinking hard on what you have said. He gets into thing unlike my other cats, very dangerous situations and I don't want to let him outside because of it but he wants to go out and I am just too scared.

Last edited:

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I am just not good at photos because he isn't blue at all in fact he is very tan/brown with greys and blacks. My oldest cat from the family line now he is solid blue and they are not even close to being the same. I can try to get a better picture, I know these don't do him justice at all but he is in no way blue. I am pretty sure he is of tabby marking for tabby isn't a breed at all and yes he has marbled tabby markings with a very distinct butterfly mark on top of his back but his true coloring is tan/black with some grey around his belly and paws. Thank you so much for replying and the compliment, no matter what he is I adore him as I do all my babies. I think my concern was the personality after losing his brother I am so worried that Rascal here will get into a dangerous situation and I don't think I can handle another lose that devastating. People are always asking me if he is a human or an alien posing as a cat because he talks to everyone, he answers you and makes many different sound well all my cats make odd sounds like chirping at birds or squeaking at squirrels and some even bark like the dogs but Rascal makes human sounds like mmhmmm and umm or hmmmm like he is thinking hard on what you have said. He gets into thing unlike my other cats, very dangerous situations and I don't want to let him outside because of it but he wants to go out and I am just too scared.
It's not that you're bad at pictures- the lighting just seems off in those. Can you get a picture of him with more light? Like, if he's lounging in the sun? Then we can re-evaluate his coloring. :)

By the way, you have good reason to be worried about him going outdoors. Outside is a dangerous place for cats, they can get into fights with other animals (feral cats, dogs, foxes, wolves, coyotes, hawks), get hit cars, contract diseases including FIV, FeLV, FIP, feline panleukopenia, heartworm, or even be poisoned or shot at.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He's a beautiful blue tabby (in the classic or "bullseye" tabby pattern) Domestic Shorthair. I don't see any Bengal influence in this boy, they don't come in blue. See the breed standard here: https://www.tica.org/pdf/publications/standards/bg.pdf

He's a beautiful kitty, regardless of breed!
abyeb abyeb I hate having to say this, but yes, bengals do come in blue. It is just that they have not been accepted yet un the standard, but they can be shown under "new traits" in TICCA shows. Many breeders say that glitter and hair silkiness are somehow linked to the dilution gene that causes blue color.
So, there are a few reputable breeders purposedly breeding for Blues yo be accepted, as they are carriers of desirable traits even if they do not really look like the Asian Leopard Cat in colour.
1491742640499.jpg

Bluelagoon Bengals - Blue Bengals
This being said, I think too that your boy looks blue. Maybe with better light you can show us we are wrong, but so far, I see a blue tabby.
It is possible that there is some bengal in him, but I think that we need some more weeks and good photos yo clearly ser his pattern and how It develops. The fact that he is so distinct soft is a good bengal sign, so you can tick that trait and check the others.
You can look for glitter, asymmetry in his marbling, the color of his nose should be brick red, etc.
Without a DNA test, you most likely are never going to know for sure if he has some ebngal in him ir not, but It is still funny to check.
As abyeb abyeb said, outside world isbnevr safe, and especially for young kittens.
You may want to bengal-proof your home, so Google for some tips and tricks other bengal parents have gone through.
I am really sorry you lost your other kitten, It is a terrible experience and we are all here if you need talk about it.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
abyeb abyeb I hate having to say this, but yes, bengals do come in blue. It is just that they have not been accepted yet un the standard, but they can be shown under "new traits" in TICCA shows. Many breeders say that glitter and hair silkiness are somehow linked to the dilution gene that causes blue color.
So, there are a few reputable breeders purposedly breeding for Blues yo be accepted, as they are carriers of desirable traits even if they do not really look like the Asian Leopard Cat in colour.
View attachment 191498
Bluelagoon Bengals - Blue Bengals
This being said, I think too that your boy looks blue. Maybe with better light you can show us we are wrong, but so far, I see a blue tabby.
It is possible that there is some bengal in him, but I think that we need some more weeks and good photos yo clearly ser his pattern and how It develops. The fact that he is so distinct soft is a good bengal sign, so you can tick that trait and check the others.
You can look for glitter, asymmetry in his marbling, the color of his nose should be brick red, etc.
Without a DNA test, you most likely are never going to know for sure if he has some ebngal in him ir not, but It is still funny to check.
As abyeb abyeb said, outside world isbnevr safe, and especially for young kittens.
You may want to bengal-proof your home, so Google for some tips and tricks other bengal parents have gone through.
I am really sorry you lost your other kitten, It is a terrible experience and we are all here if you need talk about it.
Thanks for the info, Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico ! I'm not familiar with all the new Bengal colors, just what's in the standard at present.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the info, Alejandra Rico Alejandra Rico ! I'm not familiar with all the new Bengal colors, just what's in the standard at present.
I just know this because I did quite a lot of research about bengal colors before taking the decision to start my own breeding program. Otherwise, blue bengals are fairly uncommon and until very recently there was no chance to see them in cat shows.

Cyndrz

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ya the faces look the same but surely not the body markings, i will try in a different light when I can get him to settle down some. I know his markings are that of tabby markings, the bullseye or marble as its called, this much I knew but I have seen Bengal mixes that look nothing like bengals, heck i have even seen pure breeds that look nothing like a bengal. The standards mean nothing to me what so ever just personal opinions. I know my eldest is a russian blue but I don't tell people that, he is my Magui, that's his name and it all anyone needs to know. Have no interest in the standard but I do love all your responses and I agree about outdoors. I surely don't want to let him outside, he is vaccinated already but still, I am just too scared to let him out.

Alejandra Rico

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I agree with you in that many purebreed cats do not meet the standard of their breed. The standard is the ideal towards breeders are supposed to work, so it is necessary to unify a breed so that nobody is doing extreme changes. Deviations from the standard are not unusual and sometimes they are so great that they get included (just like silver bengals were). If your kitty is part bengal you want to know It, because they can make your life difficult if you are not ready for them.
As I said, if there is some bengal Blood in him, you will notice It as he gris because marble patterns tend to evolve quite distinctly.