Need some advice!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's to bad you can't keep her. She won't feel the same toward her new owner that she does for the two who rescued her from the cold and from hunger. Sounds like she is infiltrated into your heart and your home well. Removing her now, will serve to further confuse her.

mkerrigan

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Our youngest cat had similar behavior when we first got him, and sometimes he still does it. What happens is you will be petting him and cuddling him and everything would seem fine, but at some point he might decide he's had "enough" and will rear back and nip you. He doesn't really bite hard, he just hits you really fast with his teeth or sometimes just his paws (with the claws in). Maybe your cat will grow out of it, too, as he gets to trust you more.

negs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Steven:

It is is sad that you can not keep Whitby, I am sure with time she will love her new owner
I have had my cat Wayne for three years now and he is now totally in love with me and totally trusts me. So, it may take time but she will be thankful for a warm home, good food, and an owner who loves her. Good Luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whitby

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm soooo having second thoughts about giving her away. We brought her out of isolation on Sunday and the change in her is amazing. She hasn't bit or swatted since. Her bahavior is that of a cat who has lived here all her life. She moves freely throughout the house with no fear from anyone. She kisses noses with my two dogs, Thor my shepard licks and cleans her ears(he does that to all the cats). She races around the house with Oberon my 1.5 yr old Abby, one minute he's chasing her up the stairs and several minutes later she chases him back down.
So now I'm torn, what to do, what to do...We're suppose to bring her over on Sunday....

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Man, I'd keep her, because well.. you two saved her life, and I don't men in a "picked her up from the shelter" kind of way, as respectable as that is, but I mean in a bigger more important kind of way. You're her godsend.. I wouldn't trade being that to a cat for the world.