Need Help Transporting Lost Cat Home 2 Mom

rosec

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 12-1/2 year old tabby named Rascal who got out of the house (never been outside at this location) about 12 days before I had to leave central Florida. I searched and searched and put out flyers around the neighborhood, but was unable to find him anywhere. I am now in eastern Missouri. Much to my delight, I received a call from one of my former Florida neighbors that Rascal had been found. He had been out for over 3 weeks on his own. After much coaxing, the neighbor was able to capture Rascal. He immediately went to the vets and was given approval to travel. The plan was to fly him here to MO, but due to temperature limitations (85 max) in Florida, I need to find another means of transporting him. Due to time constraints this needs to happen quite quickly. Rascal has a big brother of the same age. Both of us miss Rascal very much. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Lover of all animals.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rose, this is a problem. What are the odds of finding someone who happens to be going to Missouri, and would be willing to take responsibility for an animal who could bolt and get lost? That would worry me sick. Of course I get hyper about taking my cat to the vet in a carrying case! Seriously, would there be anyone as careful as you would want them to be? I suggest waiting for the long term weather forecast. Airplane seems to make the most sense to me. I wish I could help more! I am overjoyed that he was found, though!

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Rose I have the email for a great lady who will transport your kitty on a plane in the passanger area. Her name is Kelly and I believe she charges $150.00 She will even provide the carrier for the plane ride! PM me if you are interested!

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That sounds perfect! And much safer. Teresa, does the airline charge more for the cat to ride with the passengers? Just curious. This will be wonderful if it works out!

dragonlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It runs about $75 to $100 and you must have a health certificate from the vet @ $65. This lady works for the airline and adds to her income this way.

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It adds up, but I've paid that much in vet bills. Rascal will go home in good health. That's heartwarming.

I actually paid over $250 to take care of a stray tom about 15 years ago! So that would be a lot more today. He had got hurt, had abcesses, and had to be neutered. I knew he'd die young if someone didn't do something. Eventually we found him a home.

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
In Cat Fancy there is an ad for a company that transports animals across country by van. I don't have an issue with me right now, so I can't look it up for you. So, if you don't want to fly her you might try this.

Thank goodness your neighbors found your poor girl!