Need good vibes for tomorrow!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Jamie has to have his teeth cleaned tomorrow morning, and I'm getting the jitters because of the anesthesia, and also because the vet is going to specifically be looking for signs of a recurrence of EGC/rodent ulcers while she has him under. Please keep your fingers crossed that all goes/is well! Thanks! I'm also going to be discussing the FIP vaccine and ZsaZsa with the vets again, this time without a wailing cat to distract me. http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=56106

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I feel for you. Dexter & Sadie had their teeth cleaned this year. I was very nervous about the anesthesia. They did fine. I am sending you & Jamie healing thoughts & prayers. I hope that you get answers about Zsa Zsa while you are waiting.

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh good thought and prayers for both JC and ZsaZsa.

He is web link to the Cornell University regarding FIP - good reading before talk to the VET.

stormy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sending lots and lots of good vibes Jamie's way!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Hell603

OOOOPS here is the link

http://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/resou...chure/fip.html
Thanks for the link, Helen. Right now, we're leaning towards giving ZsaZsa the vaccination. She's a bit of a daredevil, and spends a lot of time outdoors, so the chances of her having to be boarded at a vet's office or animal clinic are probably much higher than the chances of the vaccine actually causing FIP.
I'm really upset about the FIP situation here, and all the members of the county board of supervisors have gotten emails from me this week. I really believe that their "refuse disposal policy" is to blame. They abolished weekly trash pick-ups. Now everything has to be separated or deposited in igloos. Plastic and cans are collected once a month, garbage bi-monthly (at very high cost, so many people have compost heaps), and the remaining trash bi-monthly. We consequently have a huge problem with rodents, and, as a result, an extremely high cat population density. It's no wonder that the number of FIP cases has skyrocketed - the cats are practically tripping over each other.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by rosiemac

Sending (((((calming and good luck vibes))))) Jamies way Tricia

Does he have a reaction when put under?
Extreme hunger! He wants to eat as soon as he gets home, even though he's still groggy. I can picture tomorrow morning - he'll wake me up at five for breakfast, even though I could sleep till about six, and then he'll "sing for his supper" until seven, when I'll have to get him in his carrier. He'll wail all the way to the vets' office. When I get him home, he'll stagger to his dish, and demand food. Then he'll wrap himself around my neck, and I'll have to wear a 6 kg. "fur collar" for the next 6 - 8 hours. Fun, fun!

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww bless his cotton socks
But don't you feel awful when they want their breakfast but can't give them it
If only they could understand it's for the best.

Hope it's not too hot then where you are with your furry neck warmer!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks for the vibes. All went well with Jamie, and the vet found no signs of rodent ulcers. He came right home and ate, and then draped himself across my shoulders and stayed there for about four hours (I got some sewing done).
ZsaZsa is now inoculated against FIP - I took her in when I picked Jamie up. It was basically the lesser of two evils.