Need diarrhea advice...not sure this is the right forum?

reddicequeen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Remy has been acting weird since his mom died in May. He has been scratching stuff like my speakers. Now he is having loose stool and going on my bathroom carpet instead of his litter box. He has always had a problem with a touchy stomach and my grandsons were here, HE LOVES them. But I am wondering if they fed him something from their plates which would trigger diarrhea?
Any ideas on why he would be having these problems?
p.s. I sprayed felliway on the speakers and he leaves them alone for a day or two...
I am looking into getting him a kitten and hope that will help...

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really don't have any advice. I know my fosters Damita & Chico have had loose stools. They never went outside the box on purpose, though(one tur dhitched a ride on Damita's behind
). Maybe you can try the Eagle Pack Holistic Solution? It worked for Damita & Chico. Otherwise, I know of a 2 year old playful DSH who you could adopt!

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He needs to go to the vet. It may be stress that is causing him to act weird, it may be that your grandsons fed him something weird, but all these symptoms at once may indicate a health problem, and the timing could be a coinkidink.

He is not using his litterbox, he is having diarrhea, and he is acting weird. When the Z-ster had her terrible illness, she still tried to use the litterbox if she could make it in time. It sounds like either a pooping-outside-the-box problem at the same time as a diarrhea problem, or more likely it is painful for him to use his box so he is now using your carpet.

How is he eating? Drinking? Any weird noises? Extra sleepy?