Need cheap non-clay litter

girlieq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, I found out yesterday that my house's resident cat is allergic to clay litters. My cats have been using his box, and I think that it's fair that he gets to use theirs, so can you tell me what sort of non-clay clumping litters you've used, and how expensive they were?

southernlocs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I use a litter called Fresh Results, picked it up from walmart, its made from corn, clumpable and flushable. I havnt used it long, just a day lol, but so far so good. 10lbs for $5.88. I also used Yesterdays news which i liked but i just wanted to try a clumping litter that was natural. The Yesterday news wasnt clumpable, if it was i would stick with it lol

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
chn feed aka egg layer crumbles

zak&rocky

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sweat scoop seems to be pretty good at clumping considering it's not made of clay. I used it once, and prefer clay clumping. It didn't seem extremely expensive. Plus, this month's cat fancy has a coupon for it.

Isn't world's best made out of corn? A lot of members here love it- I'm sticking to what my cat like though.

semiferal

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
There is a clumping litter made out of paper that you can get at PETsMART. It's probably the cheapest non-clay option that has a texture similar to clay litter.

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Having used clay clumping and other sorts in between, I now use Worlds Best Cat Litter and I have to say it actually lasts me longer than the clumping clay litter did and ends up costing me less in the long-term. I scoop usually once per day (twice on the weekends) and make sure there is a fair quantity in the box and just keep adding clean litter (about a cup or 2 a day). I wash the litter pan about every 6 weeks and we have no litter odor.

solaritybengals

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I looove World's Best Cat Litter but it comes with a hefty price. I'm about to try out chicken feed though as its supposed to be just as good and SUPER cheap.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I use Fresh Results too - we've been using it for a few months now, and it's working out really well.

mrspotts66

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
can anyone give me a link to the wal-mart brand Fresh Results corn litter? i'd like to read up about it, without driving 45 minutes to the closest wal-mart. thanks!

southernlocs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wish i could send u my Fresh Results, my kitties used it one day and its just sitting there lol. I filled one litter box with the fresh results and the other with the regular yesterday's news. Well they are loving their Yesterday's news, so i guess thats what were sticking with lol, or we might try the pine pellets since its the same texture.

Good luck

jasminesmom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Our crew loves Feline Pine and we do too! It is not expensive at all. there is no tracking and it controlls odors great. I would highly recommend it! Jasmine and Rudy would too!

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by JenLuckenbach

I have never heard of "egg layer chicken crumbles". Where would one get such a thing?
A store that sells horse food and stuff often has it

belissima

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by Southernlocs

I use a litter called Fresh Results, picked it up from walmart, its made from corn, clumpable and flushable. I havnt used it long, just a day lol, but so far so good. 10lbs for $5.88. I also used Yesterdays news which i liked but i just wanted to try a clumping litter that was natural. The Yesterday news wasnt clumpable, if it was i would stick with it lol
10 lbs for$5.88!!!!!! You must be a millionaire if you can afford that. I pay €0.79 for 5 kilos of Coshida brand Arena para Gatos.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Actually that is a fairly reasonable price for cat litter here in the US.

belissima

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Originally Posted by AbbysMom

Actually that is a fairly reasonable price for cat litter here in the US.
Reasonable?? WOW!! If you say so, but strikes me as a mega rip-off. But I guess I am spoiled, I can buy a bottle of wine for €0.59 and 2 litres of vodka, gin, brandy or whisky for €5.

But I will confess that prices in my own country, the UK, are MUCH higher than here in sunny Spain. Which is one reason I live here, me and a million other Brits.

southernlocs

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Belissima

10 lbs for$5.88!!!!!! You must be a millionaire if you can afford that. I pay €0.79 for 5 kilos of Coshida brand Arena para Gatos.
Nope not a millionaire, just trying to see what works for my cats. I now use pine litter and its $6.99 for 20lbs. The corn litter worked good but the kitties wouldnt use it.

noelle&oliver

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I used to use Tidy Cats crystals, which work really well. A jug at Wal-Mart costs about $7-$8 and lasts for as long as a month for one cat. My cats didn't seem to mind the crystal stones, but they can be hard on people feet if your cats are like mine and like to "throw" litter out of the box while digging.

I found something else last week at my local pet food supply store, so I think I'll be switching over. It's called Feline Fresh, is made of pine, and comes in two different options - pellets and a sawdust like material that is scoopable. I got the smaller bag (6 lbs) to try it out and that was about $5. So far, it's been working quite well. I've scooped the box about twice a day since then, but it doesn't look as though the litter level has gone down that much. I only used half the bag to fill the box, too. You can also get it in a 17 lb bag, which at my pet supply store was about $12. The webpage for the company also lists other products they have, as well. http://www.planetwiseproducts.com/