Need advice on what to do with my kitty (possibly kitties)

kittylover0888

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So I am currently living in a one bedroom apartment and have for the past 3 years, when I adopted my kitty Bella in 2006 they told me she had urinary crystals.  so she sometimes pees outside of the littler box due to pain from what I was told.  my apartment complex told me I cannot renew my lease due to extensive urine damage and that it is all over the walls and all this other stuff, but she only goes outside the box on piles of soft items or blankets on a bed.  I was going to move in with my friend (who lives in the same complex) and they said I now cant, but possibly could if I got rid of both of my cats.  I don't understand why I have to rehome or surrender my other kitty Maci if she never pees.  The manager told me that if one cat pees outside of the litter box that the other one will too because they try to out mark each other, but I have NEVER seen Maci pee outside the box.  I don't have the money to move to a brand new apartment and all the rooms for rent that I have looked at don't allow pets so I don't know what to do.  I don't want to get rid of my girls, but I may literately have no choice if I want a roof over my head.  Does anyone have any advice for me on what to do?

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think your cat needs a visit to the vet to get her to stop doing this. What is the vet saying about this? I would ask you landlord if you can provide medical documentation that she is being treated for this ongoing problem if he will be let you stay. Can you offer to pay a higher rent per month if he lets you keep them? Can you come up with maybe and extra deposit?