need advice, asap!!!

whit8908

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
so my cat has eaten today, but it was the last of his food, i am goin to get him food tomorow, but until i get there is there anything i can feed him tonight just in case he is still hungry? i have a can of pink salmon, would that be ok? i would of course pick out the little bones... or i have some dog food, ive read thats not healthy to feed on a regular basis but would for one feeding be ok? or anythin else you could think of that would be around the house that i can feed? i just feel so bad i didnt realise the bag was empty

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Do you have some chicken in the house? You could boil some up for him tonight. If it has bones you have to debone the chicken, though, as cooked chicken bones splinter.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

whit8908

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
no... ugh... we are runnin low on everythin, we have to go get groceries tomoro... we dont generally keep alot at home, because we tend to eat out alot more than we should! so is that a no go on the salmon or dog food... lol? ive got wet or dry dog food i was goin to try, well thats even if hed eat it... what about lunch meats, hot dogs or veggies? i know my fatty isnt goin to starve, so if none of that would be safe to eat hell be ok til tomorow when i get him some food, i just feel like he should have a snack before bed after being outside playin...

whit8908

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
or eggs? raw, cooked? if they can have them... ive read yes and no, but never tried

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How much food has your cat had today? Does he have any special dietary restrictions?

I know people who have on occasion fed their cats canned salmon as a treat, but you wouldn't want to give him more than a teaspoonful of it, it could make him sick since he isn't used to it.

Do you have any canned chicken?

A little scrambled egg, if he would eat it, wouldn't hurt him. Only a little though.

Really if he has had a meal today, it won't hurt him terribly to go until tomorrow, as long as you get out bright and early to get his food. After all, cats are fasted before certain procedures such as surgery or blood work.

I wouldn't recommend the dog food, mainly because if he likes it he may try to get more of it, and as you already know, dog food is not a proper diet for cats.
But a spoonful wouldn't hurt him.

whit8908

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
ok, thanks, i may just give him a little but of scrambled eggs then just to tie him over until tomoro, i kno hell be ok, i just cant believe i didnt realise he was gonne be out of food!! weve been so busy i didnt think to get to the store!!! but thank you for your quick responses it was very helpful!!!

wmarcello

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For future reference, sometimes convenience stores inside gas stations will carry a few cans of cat food. They're usually open 365 days a year.

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One meal of dog food, canned or dry, probably wouldn't hurt him, if he were really hungry, but it's not the best stuff. On the other hand, it's better than garbage from the alley, which a lot of poor kitties depend on.

When we got our first cat (found by the side of the road), we were absolutely broke. We had just gone through the couch for all the change we could find and bought a gallon of mile and a dozen eggs. We gave Snoopy scrambled eggs. He ate them, but he would never eat them again in his whole life!