Nature's Miracle Stain & Odor Remover

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I got a bottle of this stuff only to relieze after that it says it for dogs. Can I still use it or do I have to return it, thoughts?

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd return it and get a cat specific formula. The cat formula is stronger with more enzymes to break down cat urine better. Cat urine itself is more potent then dog urine and if you dont remove it all you run the risk of the cat still smelling it in the spot. Basically, you can use the cat formula for dog messes but using the dog formula on cats will just not work as well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'd return it and get a cat specific formula. The cat formula is stronger with more enzymes to break down cat urine better. Cat urine itself is more potent then dog urine and if you dont remove it all you run the risk of the cat still smelling it in the spot. Basically, you can use the cat formula for dog messes but using the dog formula on cats will just not work as well.
I don’t have a problem with the urine, it’s the vomit, hairballs and the occasional rubbing poo on carpet.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
I've had this where the only variety I could get was the one formulated for dogs. It works in a pinch, especially as you're describing for issues other than urine.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

solusumbra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i could not find the old bottle I use to use at my local Walmart store and after looking online for animal safe brands this new brand kept coming up so I got it not seeing that it’s different for cats and dogs. I wasn’t sure how safe the resolve brand is for pets.

FrazzledMumbly

Max's Dad
Young Cat
Purraise
The cat formula is stronger and better for getting up cat urine scents but it works just fine for cleaning up pukes and little smears. The stores around me are almost always sold out of the cat version, so I ended up looking up the same question a while back. :p I use the regular "dog" version on little oopsies on my rugs and stash a bottle of the advanced cat one specifically to wipe down the inside of the litterbox after dumping (making sure it's dried off well before refilling of course) and cleaning the litter catcher mat whenever something fragrant accidentally gets kicked out.

So, I'd say keep it!