Natural, Low Tracking Litter (uk Based)

x-ta-z

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,
I'm in the UK so not all brands that are available in the US are available here. I order on zooplus Pet Supplies at zooplus Online Pet Shop, Pet Food & Pet Accessories.

I used Cat's Best (wood based clumping) for the longest time and it has the best odor control I find. The downside is that it tracks insanely and we find it everywhere - even out in the garden and that is a long way from the litter box. They have one with larger pellets but that one doesn't clump very well

We switched to Benek (Corn based clumping) which clumps great, hardly tracks but has a strong corn odor. Since switching we have had one of our cats pee on our bed and I think it is because of the litter... so I am off to get the original one we used.

Does anyone have great solutions for natural, clumping litter that hardly tracks?

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Have you tried the Greenwoods wood litter? My guys didn't like it much (they're die-hard clay litter users) but it worked pretty well. As your guys are happy using the Cat's Best, they ought to accept it pretty well. I can't comment on how it compares to Cat's Best for tracking, but it might be worth a try.

The only other one I can think of is the Applaws Nature's Calling walnut shell litter. Again, though, I've not tried it myself.

I think Almo Nature make a corn based litter (Amazon UK sell it), but I have no idea what it's like.

Lastly, there's always the World's Best range to consider. I know a lot of people here use and really like it.

I hope at least some of that helps :crossfingers: I'm sorry I can't give you more information on the tracking etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

x-ta-z

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just came back from the vet and it looks like the peeing incident is a UTI. Might stick with the litter I have for a while and see if things get better. But thanks for the input. Never heard of the first two and heard mixed reviews of the World's best one. I'll look into them!

Royalty

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi,
I'm in the UK so not all brands that are available in the US are available here. I order on zooplus Pet Supplies at zooplus Online Pet Shop, Pet Food & Pet Accessories.

I used Cat's Best (wood based clumping) for the longest time and it has the best odor control I find. The downside is that it tracks insanely and we find it everywhere - even out in the garden and that is a long way from the litter box. They have one with larger pellets but that one doesn't clump very well

We switched to Benek (Corn based clumping) which clumps great, hardly tracks but has a strong corn odor. Since switching we have had one of our cats pee on our bed and I think it is because of the litter... so I am off to get the original one we used.

Does anyone have great solutions for natural, clumping litter that hardly tracks?
Yes I'm in uk
Hi,

Yes I'm in uk too and generally order from Zooplus I had heard that almo nature one is good so I'm going to look on reviews from amazon. I don't use clumping litters maybe I should try, I'm currently after a litter that is more lightweight due to fact in our area we have our dustbins collected once every two weeks n since it's hot in uk, they can smell. I'm not that bothered about the tracking as I'm always hoovering due to fact my boys are moulting quite a bit, it's the lightweight I'm after. I'm changing the litter very frequently so I'm not getting much smell. Can anyone recommend a good lightweight litter thanks