Name for Cat

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am taking care of a cat right now, and we might keep her if everything goes well this month until her owner gets back from traveling.
She is very nice and we just met today. She already rolled on her back and let me pet her belly :) and she head butts me a lot
She is 3 years old and un-spayed but if we do keep her we will definitely spay her.
What should we name her? Her owners just called her the cat.

Attachments

Tik cat's mum

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's adorable if she's used to the name cat you could still call her that but change the spelling Kat then you have a name.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Her owners never really said “cat” to her. In fact, they usually didn’t see her at all until they fed her.
I am just really bad at coming up with names and really indecisive :ohwell:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MojoTuxedo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My dad said we should name her “Hello Kitty” :spew:

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
She's a beauty! She looks like a Francesca; you could call her Frankie for short.
Freya is a beautiful name
Tessa is as well

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's beautiful! Rosie came to mind, but for her I also like:

Mabel
Lola
Millie
Molly
Annie
Maggie
Lily
Lucy
Abby

Or some more "cat" style names:

Tabby
Pebbles
Muffin
Coco
Tiger
Nutmeg
Spots

mackiemac

Slave in a cat house
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The Warriors book series by the "author co-op" Erin Hunter (4 authors who work together to create the saga-series) is a great source for names, mostly nature based or based on the cat's physical appearance or traits.We love this "Youth Book" collection in our house, even though we're middle aged, almost senior citizens!

Examples of names used in the Warriors series include the following (randomly picked, but actual names from the books). There are MANY more names in the series than I've listed here!!

In the series, certain suffixes were used to denote age or rank. The suffix "-kit" is used for kittens less than "6 moons" old; the suffix "-paw" is used for apprentices who are training to become warriors, usually at least "6 moons" old, and "-star" is used for Clan leaders. If your kitty is an Alpha personality, you might use the suffix "-star". This list is for Warriors, Elders and Medicine Cats. Perhaps some of these names might inspire you to come up with a "Warrior" name for your pretty one:

Antpelt
Ashfoot
Barkface
Brackenfur
Crowfeather
Cedarheart
Darkstripe
Dovewing
Echosong
Eaglestorm
Fireheart (very major character, from the first book. Former "kittypet" named Rusty, he left home and joined the Clans, eventually becoming the leader of Thunderclan, and earning the name of Firestar upon his promotion)
Feathertail
Graypool
Gorseclaw
Hawkwing
Halftail
Ivypool
Icecloud
Jasper (he was a "loner" and former "kittypet", not a Clan cat, but did affiliate with the Clan cats... thus the different format)
Jayfeather (one of my favorite characters, he was a blind Medicine Cat with the ability to walk in other cats' dreams)
Kestrelflight
Kinktail
Leafpool
Loudbelly
Mousefur
Millie (a kittypet who became a Clan cat, but didn't take a Warrior name)
Mapleshade (She was a "Dark Forest" cat... ended up there because she was "evil")
Nettlespot
Newtspeck
Oakfur
Owl Feather
Pebblefur (you could call this one "Pebbles")
Purdy (he was a loner tom who lived on the outskirts of "Clan Territory", and was an ally but not a Warrior. Could still be a good name for a girl kitty!)
Quickpaw
Quailfeather
Ravenwing
Runningwind
Sorreltail
Sparrowflight
Talltail
Tigerheart
Violet Dawn
Voleclaw
Willowbreeze
Whiteclaw
Yellowfang (became Yellowstar, and then eventually a Medicine Cat... major character in the series)
Yarrowleaf

Rain is inspired by the books... she is now "Rainpaw", but she will soon earn her full "Warriors-inspired" name, when she turns a year old! Skye's full name was originally Skyfeather, but she proved herself to be a leader, so she became Skystar. Schrodinger's "Warrior name" is actually Leafshadow! So yup, our cats have all had Warrior names as well as their "kittypet" names! Kirchen was Whitecloud, Tara was Cloudpelt, Kepler was Icefur, Nirvana was Owlstar... etc.

Leomc123

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Rain, Grace, Cleo, Lady, Clawdia, Dusky, Silvia