ilovecats2013

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS. Tilly looks like a blue Classic tabby and Tigger looks like a blue Mackerel tabby.

Last edited:

maewkaew

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 Agree  that Tigger is a mackerel tabby and Tilly is a classic tabby.  

But I'm not sure of the colors.  On my screen,   the top photo looks like Brown (genetically Black) Tabby. 

the 2nd photo, of the 2 cats together , looks like could be either Brown with a cool tone or Blue. 

If it is Brown Tabby ( which really is genetically black) ,  the darkest markings would be black  or super dark brown.

If it's Blue Tabby,  the darkest markings would be dark grey. 

You mentioned that Tilly has some tortoiseseshell on her tummy?  do you mean some orangish color?  It might not be actually genetic red ( that would make her a torbie)  but 

Tigger looks like he is a semi-longhair?   and Tilly in that photo appears to be shorthair.  

If I were to make some general comparisons to breeds,  Tigger looks a bit like a Siberian;  Tilly looks somewhat like American Shorthair.   Now obviously they cannot be those 2 different breeds when they are littermates! 

This is not to say they ARE these breeds . just that there's some resemblance.   Most cats are not a breed or a mix of a few breeds.  There has been much less selective breeding of cats than dogs.  The vast majority of cats have just bred randomly on their own  and they have  a mix of genes from the general cat population in their area,  mostly or entirely cats that were not pedigreed cats bred by breeders.