My Stray's Breed?

elibee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I got adopted by a stray cat recently (I say recently - she's been living in the conservatory for about half a year by now), but I know next to nothing about cats or her.

I've looked around on Google enough to tell she's a smoke of the chocolate/black and white variety, but I have no idea what breed. I thought maybe a Cornish Rex? I also have no idea how old she is, but I'm guessing young?

I haven't taken her to the vet - I wasn't sure if she'd stick around first, and I'm not exactly equipped to get her there anyway (no travel box, I'm not sure how she'll take to being in a car, and she's not keen on getting picked up for long stretches of time).

Could anyone advise please? Picture below.

Side note: Picture is from around when she started coming to my back door for some petting. She was very skinny... but she's not any more :p 

Also her eyes are a pale yellowish green if that helps. Loves being petted, likes to sleep. She'll follow me around when I'm doing things, and curl up on or near me when I sit or go to bed. She's not aggressive at all, but she'll 'play bite' to get your attention, and reach out a paw to get you to pet her. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
More good pics are welcome!    Anyway, i can see alredy now her coloring is unusual.  and she is a tabby right?

OK, my impression is, she carries the masque of the burmese point type.   She cant be purebred though, the body type not correct, also, the burmese arent known to be tabbies.  so she is a mix.    I would guess momma the tabby carried the gene, and daddy was perhaps a burmese.  Because the gene isnt that common...

As you found her meagre and thin, she is probably NOT feral borne.  I would guess she was a home girl, but got astray or got dumped.

Tx for helping her, and adopting.

Ps. Re transport bag.  If you cant get a carrier, you can make a provisorical carrier.  Perhaps from such a plastic laundry basket.  I have seen it done.