My pregnant cat

MommaXD

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I’m not real experienced with pregnant queens.?

if someone could tell me, what is this coming out of my cat?
Is it her mucous plug? Or is it just some discharge? I don’t know. It’s like a brown green color. And it does not smell.

Can someone please tell me what’s going on with my cat?

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
My guess, and highly probable, its the mucus plug, as you say.
It theory, it comes hours before the delivery.
In practice it may come out even a couple of weeks before the delivery. With home cats without any negative conseqiences.

How far along is your girl? do you know which day?
Do you feel kitten move? Has she dropped? ie suddenly seems less preg?

MommaXD MommaXD

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MommaXD

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My guess, and highly probable, its the mucus plug, as you say.
It theory, it comes hours before the delivery.
In practice it may come out even a couple of weeks before the delivery. With home cats without any negative conseqiences.

How far along is your girl? do you know which day?
Do you feel kitten move? Has she dropped? ie suddenly seems less preg?

MommaXD MommaXD
I’m pretty sure she got pregnant on 11-29-23 yes I am definitely feeling the kittens move..

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I’m pretty sure she got pregnant on 11-29-23 yes I am definitely feeling the kittens move..
Aha, so it should be any day, if not sooner. Has she dropped? Not all do, but its the common.

Kittens manage badly to be delivered too early, but manage better than humans to be preg a couple days too long.

so, prepare as well you can, and calmly wait and see... During the time try to give her calcium rich food, whatever you have at home and she accepts.
Because low level of calcium may cause weak labor... Some extra calcium Cant hurt, may help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MommaXD

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Aha, so it should be any day, if not sooner. Has she dropped? Not all do, but its the common.

Kittens manage badly to be delivered too early, but manage better than humans to be preg a couple days too long.

so, prepare as well you can, and calmly wait and see... During the time try to give her calcium rich food, whatever you have at home and she accepts.
Because low level of calcium may cause weak labor... Some extra calcium Cant hurt, may help.
Thank you for reaching out. she’s on a pretty good diet but how do I know her tummy dropped? Also, can she discharge for days or mucous plug for days? I don’t know.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Thank you for reaching out. she’s on a pretty good diet but how do I know her tummy dropped? Also, can she discharge for days or mucous plug for days? I don’t know.
If she suddenly seems less preg, she has dropped. Usually you feel kittens move less too, because now they are squeezed in the birthing positions.
When this happens, its perhaps 2 days left.
The self mucus plug falls out and that is it, but some discharges and red or brown colored fluids coming is common. As long its not live blood, its normal.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everything sounds pretty normal. A day or two before birth the kittens stop moving like said above. If the 'plug' didn't smell, that indicates it most likely was the plug and not infection. I always go by how they are acting, if she stays calm and normal, everything is OK, if she paces, starts crying, starts hiding, something is wrond. It can take a while for the first kitten to be born. once again go by how she is acting. If she cleans the kitten, takes care of it everything is normal. If she ignores it, something is wrong. you may have to step in. All the luck!