My Patches is gone....

patches'mommy

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yesterday morning we took Patches to the vet for the last time.
I've been lying to my self for weeks, saying she was ok just getting older. But the vet said her kidneys were shutting down and she wasn't eating enough to keep her alive
. The kindest thing was to let her go. Both my husband and I cried like babies. She went very peacefully in my arms and we brought her home and buried her under a maple tree.
This morning when I woke up she wasn't there to tell me she wanted breakfast NOW!!!!! I know she's better off but I miss her and feel like my heart is breaking
I'm glad I read the posts from some of you that's what made me look at her through new eyes and see just how fragile she was. she only weighed four pounds when she died.that was another pound since last month's visit. Good bye Patches wait for me at the other side of the Rainbow.
Thanks for listening guys ...I just needed to talk.

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG I am so sorry.
I can't say anything to make you feel better. You was a wonderful momma to your Patches and she will be sending you such love from the rainbow bridge. No more pain for Patches, just playing until she can meet you again.

lotsocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know that you are hurting tremendously right now, but once you can move past the trauma of her loss, you will be able to remember all of the wonderful times you had with Patches. Cherish the good memories of your sweet girl and allow yourself to grieve. My heart goes out to you.

stingy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So sorry.
But, you love her very much.
To let her go.
Now she happy in heven.
I pray for you and her.

greycat2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about Patches.
Our thoughts and prayers are with you as you grieve.

You did what was right for her even though it was a tough decision but it was also the kindest and loving decision. She'll forgive you and she is at the RB waiting to be with you. She's watching over you now as an angel with love in her eyes and heart.

Take care.

RIP Patches.

dawnofsierra

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so, so sorry about your loss of your cherished Patches.
Tears run down my face as I type this because I know how very much you love Patches.
Her Royal Highness is such a part of your life, your family, and your heart.
I remember the first night we met I was absolutely amazed, and I believe and can speak for all of us here when I say we were all amazed at the spectacular care and love that you have provided for sweet Patches all of these years for her to live such a very full life. I admire you so much for the agonizing decision you were forced to make. You selflessly chose to forgo your own needs and show Patches you love her so much you would not allow her even one more minute of sickness.
Now Patches is in perfect health, running and playing at the Rainbow Bridge looking forward to the wonderful day when you are reunited!
I am praying for you and your husband.
May God give you peace and comfort in your hearts during your time of grief.
We are here for you.

Stephanie

patchesmommy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you all for the kind word and hugs. I was so upset that I posted this under the old name. I miss her so much. I can't stop crying. My husband goes into the bathroom and cries too (macho men don't cry!) It's been a comfort to read about all your wonderful kitties and see their pictures. We will visit friends this evening and they have 2 cats so I'll get a kitty fix at least. Thanks again......Patchesmommy

amberthe bobcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry for the loss of your dear Patches.
Just remember, she is in God's loving arms now resting peacefully free of pain. Amber is sending a big wet bobcat kiss your way to help make you feel better.
By the way, let your husband know it is ok to cry. I cried at the loss of my sweet Tabby girl a few months ago.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry for your loss! Patches led a rich and full life with you. She knows that the hard decision you made was done out of love for her. She is watching you from the Bridge, and will always be with you in your hearts.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm so sorry to hear about Patches. May she RIP, and be reunited with you at some point in the future.