My new baby Kitten!

gingerlee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok well he's not a REAL baby anymore hes almost 6 months old! Just curious what peoples thoughts are on his origin. The Vet says he looks a little Siamese and so far he is a bit of a meower! Hes a sweetheart, very hyper (but of course hes a kitten!) and only likes his head and chin pat, if you touch his body be prepared to play! He cuddles sometimes... when he wants too, but he has kitten ADHD so he doesn't stay put for long!

We named him Tanuki, which is Japanese for Raccoon because of his raccoon like tail! He also has the most beautiful blue eyes! I'm in love <3 (sorry for the sideways pictures!)

Last edited by a moderator:

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Oh he is beautiful :rbheart:

He has got a pointed pattern like Siamese cats have.
His colour I think is a blue lynx point but he could be a seal lynx point, i cant decide as the lightning is different in some of the pictures. Giving him a lighter colour in some and a darker colour in others.

Lynx means tabby so he can also be called a blue or seal tabby point.
He does have a rounder face shape than a Siamese. But saying that I can see a slight triangle with his large ears and pointy muzzle. So I wouldn't be surprised if he did have a Siamese ancestor.

A very gorgeous boy who is very photogenic ;) He certainly knows how to pose :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

gingerlee

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Oh he is beautiful

He has got a pointed pattern like Siamese cats have.
His colour I think is a blue lynx point but he could be a seal lynx point, i cant decide as the lightning is different in some of the pictures. Giving him a lighter colour in some and a darker colour in others.

Lynx means tabby so he can also be called a blue or seal tabby point.
He does have a rounder face shape than a Siamese. But saying that I can see a slight triangle with his large ears and pointy muzzle. So I wouldn't be surprised if he did have a Siamese ancestor.

A very gorgeous boy who is very photogenic
He certainly knows how to pose
Thanks! Me and my bf just look at him all the time and tell him what a pretty kitty he is, lol I've never seen a cat quite like him (until i started searching the web!) I did google the Blue Lynx point and a lot of the pictures seemed similar to him. Its so great to have a cat around again!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks! Me and my bf just look at him all the time and tell him what a pretty kitty he is, lol I've never seen a cat quite like him (until i started searching the web!) I did google the Blue Lynx point and a lot of the pictures seemed similar to him. Its so great to have a cat around again!
No wonder you are in love, to quote @ms waise,  'He's absolutely exquisite'.  And his purrsonality shines out in your photos.  What more can I say. 
  I look forward to hearing more about him.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
He's very handsome. I love his name too.

I had a real Tanuki in my garden this morning, stealing sun flower seeds from the bird table.