My kitty ate my Jack-O-Lantern! HELP!

foofy cat lady

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First, two rhetorical questions:

1. Why didn't I realise that my sweet little Hobbie, who helps herself to everyone else's dinner, would eat my freakin' pumpkins!?

2. Why did it take me TWO DAYS of treading carefully to realise that she isn't sick and hasn't gotten into any greasy food to see if my pumpkins have teeth-marks in them?

Now that I'm done wallowing in my stupidity.. How much longer will this pumpkin stay in her system? I thought it was already out of her system, until I stepped in a magical discovery. (Whenever she's got problems with the plumbing, she makes everyone aware of it, mainly in a high-traffic area. Man, the bathtub seems so far away when you're hopping on one foot.) Anyhoo.. It's been about seven hours since the pumpkins were banished to the porch - How long should I keep her in solitary, with food, water, and litterbox?

hell603

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Relax - pumpkin dosen't harm her - just a little extra fiber!!

Actually it's recommended to add pumpking to kitties food when they have loose stool.

She'll be just fine...

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Pumpkin is used as Helen says but that is the pulp of the pumpkin. Did your cat eat the skin of the pumpkin? I know that you can eat pumpkin seeds, women use pumpkin for face masques and scrubs but again, that is the pulp. I have no knowledge if the outer shell has toxic capabilities- you might want to play it safe and call your vet and ask them? It depends on how much the cat ate, or if there is another health issue you might have missed?