My kitten fights monsters in video games!

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
A few days ago, I started playing a new MMO (massively multiplayer online game) called the Secret World, which is basically an online world featuring fantastical creatures in an online setting.

My kitten, who is obviously curious about everything, hopped up onto my desk and parked himself right in front of the screen. At first he was transfixed, and I could see him angling his head in unison with the direction of my character in the game. Then something hilarious started happening -- as my character began to fight various monsters,  zombies and vampires, my kitten was fighting the monsters too!

Literally, he was swiping up with his paws at the monsters on the screen, vigorously attacking the pixelated mobs. He seems to engage only when my character is fighting. I don't think he necessarily distinguishes between the fights in the game, but he's probably responding to the rapid change in graphical pace and excitement, and maybe the audio cues when there's an in-game battle.

Either way, it's hilarious, and I hope to update this thread with some video next time he does it.

(On a somewhat related note, I tried some of those fish videos from the "TV For Your Cat" Youtube channel, since my apartment windows don't have much of a view in terms of birds or excitement outdoors. Kitteh watched for about 30 seconds, then got bored. I'm going to try the bird videos next...those vids have audio, and maybe the sound and sight of birds will be more stimulating than a few fish swimming in a tank.)

datagrrl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I play on my iPad when my kitten is next to me she is very curious about it. Her favorite thing seems to be pictures of herself. That might be because she had two siblings who looked identical to her. I am not sure she know what she looks like. If I flip through photos she always touches the ones of herself and usually looks at me. I would love to see videos of your cat fighting the characters.

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You have got to capture some video of your kitten fighting monsters! Pretty please?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

plan

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
If I play on my iPad when my kitten is next to me she is very curious about it. Her favorite thing seems to be pictures of herself. That might be because she had two siblings who looked identical to her. I am not sure she know what she looks like. If I flip through photos she always touches the ones of herself and usually looks at me. I would love to see videos of your cat fighting the characters.
I've noticed that too when trying to take pictures of my kitten...he sees the screen of the tablet and definitely recognizes that it's a cat, whether or not he realizes it's him.
You have got to capture some video of your kitten fighting monsters! Pretty please?
Haha I'm working on it.
I have to set up a stand or something and keep the camera running, because if I wait till he's there and then reach for my phone or tab, he usually gets interested in what I'm doing and turns from the screen. Hopefully I'll get some vid tonight or tomorrow.