My foster cat has an adoption appointment tomorrow!

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Keeping my fingers crossed and praying that this is it! My foster girl came to me fairly cranky and would hiss or snap at me if I would try to pet her. We worked hard with her and used a pheremone collar and Feliway diffuser. They kept her off Petfinder until I told them to put her back on, after she mellowed out. 

It's interesting how things go. My foster kitten (approximately 4-6 months old) stayed in my home for nearly 2 months before getting adopted and now Peaches (who is about 5-6 years old) has an adoption appointment, just days after being put back up on Petfinder!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They instantly fell in love with her and exclaimed what a beautiful cat she was. As soon as they picked her up, she stayed in their arms and didn't let go.

This one was special to me because I had to work hard to get her adoptable. When I first got her she hissed a lot and snapped at me.

I used Feliway, Pheremone collar, and worked up to handling her and picking her up.

It's nice to see a good match!

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very happy for her!! I do not know how you do it. I would keep them all.
Basically how I do it is by realizing that by not keeping them, I can save a lot more. If I adopted one more cat, I would save that one and then no more after that. By fostering, I can save dozens of cats from death.

Plus, we can't afford veterinary bills for any more animals and we rent a tiny house, so there's not much space and the landlord would have to give permission for any additional pets.

Also, what helps me is knowing that the animals are going to carefully screened responsible homes. They require veterinary references in order to adopt from the rescue.

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very happy for her!! I do not know how you do it. I would keep them all.
By the way, I noticed from your profile that you are in Michigan also! I foster with Animal Aid of Branch County. 

Last edited:

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am in Mt. Pleasant. I am a foster fail. I adopted the whole litter. I love them all and am not sorry I adopted them.

crazy4strays

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
 I'm glad that you got a wonderful bunch of kittens that you love. I hope to eventually adopt one of my foster cats someday, when the time is right. 

I was just up visiting my husband's aunt up in Vestaburg over Christmas. 

Last edited:

kittymomma1122

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is great. My daughters dorm mate in college was from Sturgis. I truly enjoy working with a spay/neuter clinic that takes care of ferals that other vets won't work with. I made outdoor houses and the vet gives them to caretakers. I worked the clinic on spay day. I see how much better it makes a cats life and how thankful people are that may not have the type of money to go to a private vet for surgery. I work in human medicine so I have resources to get supplies, warming blankets, towels and things that help keep cost down when grants are not available.