My first attempt at Soft Claws tonight! Any tips????

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Tonight is going to be my first attempt at putting soft claws on 2 of my 4 kitties. Jasmine i adopted already declawed, Velvet my older girl doesn't scratch up things, but Isabella and Kojak think they are ment to shred EVERYTHING so i wanted to try soft claws and see if they help!

I am going to trim their nails and smooth them out a bit so they'll be easier to put the casings over. I plan to put the soft claws on and then give them some soft food to distract them for a few minutes so they get used to them and don't try to rip them off. Any other ideas/advice??
I'm going to put them on the little rascals later tonight when Colin will be here to hold them so i can apply them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Little update! It went wonderful last night!
Colin held Isabella and Kojak and i trimmed the nails and put the soft claws on- both of them were wonderful! We didn't have a single issue and the soft claws are staying on well
I LOVE those things!

I didn't put any on Velvet as she's older and really doesn't scratch at anything, and Jasmine was declawed by a previous owner so she also didn't require any. I'm soo glad they did well

lionessrampant

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's great!

We never had any issues when we tried them on Gracie (we only used them when we were training her not to scratch our new couches...which WORKED by the way, and proved that fully-armed kitties and brand new furniture can live peacefully together) and had no trouble. The boys won't tolerate so much as having their paws touched, so we just had to wing it with them

mxtine

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It took about 3 days to get those on Cujo's front paws. We forgot to clip the nails before and they came off within a week. I have to try again this weekend.

I'd like to know if they make Soft Teeth caps.