My feral cat named Archie

cmm053624

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently gained the trust of a 9 or 10 yr old feral cat I named Archie he's beautiful long hair grey and white tiger markings I'll show a picture when I can figure that out but I really just want to share how much he means to me ( I have 2 indoor cats and a dachshund also) the neighbors have all tried to catch him but no luck I just wooed and sat and talked with him while feeding him and then giving him space then one night he walked alongside me and my son around the whole park! I was hooked I asked around for an old dog house cleaned it up bought some warming pads at five below and piled in all the blankets and towels I could fit I've tried to pick him up well I'm still working on this also he came inside once well that wasn't my best idea! I tell him every night and day I love him he lets me comb him and clean aroun his eyes he's very dirty and has problems with his eyes almost look infected I have taken ticks off of him well what he'll let me do I've tried to make an appointment with my vet to take care of all his problems but the tranqulizer I tried to hide in his food didn't work he's one smart cookie! He deserves to live his best life and not to always have to look over his shoulder and be scared I guess also the little things he does to makes me wanna help more he head butts me when I feed him he purrs and kneads the ground when I'm petting him but today he started swatting at my leg while I was walking away no claws out just swatting so I read somewhere that it's a sign of affection and that he loves me I just wanted to share this with everyone and to also say cats are amazing and worth everytime we can spend with them

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww! This is awesome! I think that he sounds like he would adjust to being inside if you give him time. If he came in, he has probably been a house kitty at some point in his life. He was probably nervous. Hopefully you will get him inside and vet checked soon. If Archie does come in, his life would become much easier. If you can get some catnip and put a little on your shoes, you may find he begins to rub on your feet. I use that to get kitties to put their scent on my clothing and then I put that where I want them to go. A trail of catnip can make him much more at ease when coming inside or being petted. I would guess he was grabbing at you to keep you near him. He already loves you! I totally agree! They are amazing and worth every second we spend with them. :heartshape: