My cats eye is foggy??

atomic83

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a three month old cat and I came home today and her left eye is now foggy blurry gray looking, my ex roommate's cat had this same thing happen to her and the vet told her that the cat was going blind, but unfortunately due to the fact that I am unemployed I am not able to take her to the vet to find out for sure does anyone have any information about this, she doesn't seem to be in any pain at all, a little less playful and she is up to date on all of her shots

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like a cataract (though she's too young), possibly ulcerated cornea, glaucoma.
Cound be any number of things, most of which are, in fact, painful and do require a vet.
And yes, it's safe bet that currently at least, she's vision impaired

gardenandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She really should be seen by a vet.
Many vets will help out with a payment arrangement. I would call and inquire and see if they will let you make payments.Is the kitty having any discharge at all from her eye? It could be so many things.Eye infection or she could of hurt her eye ect. I hope its nothing serious .. good luck

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Is it in both of her eyes?.

I remember seeing this in Rosies eyes when she was about 10 months old and rushed her to the vet in a panic, but he said what i saw was the reflections that are in the cats eyes, but if it's only in one eye i'd still try and find some cash to get her checked over just to have your mind put at rest.

shimmer

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The same thing happened to Heidy when she was about the same age, it may not be anything to panic about. When it happened I rushed Heidy to the vet, thinking she could be going blind, but her eye was just bruised from too much rough play with Monty. He gave me some ointment for her eye and after a few days she was fine. Even if your cat doesn't have a playmate, she could have ran into something. Of course it might not be that, and if you can, try to get her checked out.