My cats accidentally played with Chrysanthemums

delightful_cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Are all Chrysanthemums highly toxic to cats or mildly toxic? Can ingestion cause death? My mom forgot to put away her bouquet of Chrysanthemums inside her room and when I went inside, I found my two kittens playing with it. Are they in trouble for poisoning? How many hours til poisoning manifest? I haven't seen if they have eaten any of the petals.

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are all Chrysanthemums highly toxic to cats or mildly toxic? Can ingestion cause death? My mom forgot to put away her bouquet of Chrysanthemums inside her room and when I went inside, I found my two kittens playing with it. Are they in trouble for poisoning? How many hours til poisoning manifest? I haven't seen if they have eaten any of the petals.
Im no expert, but a quick googling hints its NOT highly poisonous... So if they just played, it shouldnt be dangerous.
If they ate, it depends on how much....

If you are worried they ate more than just a tiny bit, the safe way to play it is to let a vet cause vomiting. But it must be done asap! Dont wait, phone or even rush in...

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Were there any other flowers in the bouquet? Best thing would be to call poison control.
1-888-426-4435