My Cat Seems To Not Like Me Anymore

Mousey.Cat

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ive had my cat for about 2 years and I got him when he was just a lil baby not even completly weened yet (his mom abandonded him and an older cat took him in bc she had kittens but she stopped breast feeding her kittens bc they were a lil older than him and my lil cat still needed to be drinking milk) and I took care of him and I love him a lot. Ive even moved houses and have to go back & forth 2 weeks at a time between houses so im not around him a lot but when I came back he was always excited and loved to sleep right up next to me & cuddle with me. But the last month or so he hasnt and hes barely ever around and hell be gone all day or almost 2 days at a time before comming home, and he barely pay attention or loves me anymore. Ive thought maybe its bc of my other cat Lucy which he grew up with (theyre the same age different parents) went missing around the same time he started acting up but idk. He also meows alll the time and he used to almost NEVER meow. Idk whats wrong with him and I miss my old baby kitty hes not like how he used to be and hes never around sometimes it feels like I dont even have a cat anymore.

5starcathotel

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
First, hello and welcome!!

I gather from your message that your kitty is an indoor/outdoor? And Lucy is still missing? For how long?

Meowing all the time, if he was usually silent before, is a sign of distress....either emotional or physical. If Lucy has been missing for less than about 6 months, he is probably still searching for her.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It does sound as if he may be focused on looking for Lucy, doesn't it? Is he neutered? If he isn't, he's out tom-catting around, and the only fix for that is to fix him, as it were.