My Cat Seems Off

Livers21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi everyone,
About a week and a half ago we noticed our 2 year old cat acting different. We have 3 cats and she’s the baby. She’s always been so active and rambunctious. We noticed her sleeping more and even hiding sometimes. We knew something was wrong so we took her to the see the vet. This was 2 weeks AFTER we had originally taken her for her wellness visit. From that visit to her sick visit she had lost a little bit of weight and was running a fever so vet tech and vet were immediately concerned. They gave her antibiotics, pain med, anti inflammatory and sub q fluids. They even drew blood for lab work which all came back negative as well as an abdominal X-ray which was fine. We took her home and monitored her and followed up in a week. Well she unfortunately still had a fever, and had lost some more weight. So we had to hospitalize her overnight where they ran additional blood work, did an abdominal ultrasound and gave her fluids overnight. Everything came back normal. She’s not vomiting and no diarrhea. She eats only a little bit. We have no clue what’s wrong with her! But there isn’t something right. HAS ANYONE EXPERIENCED THIS?? ANY HELP OR INSIGHT WOULD BE AMAZING. We just hate seeing her not be her normal self.

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry she is not quite right. But if she is not eating well it could definitely be a problem. All i can recommend is to take her back in for another check, its possible they missed something the first time, or her symptoms were not far enough along to catch? Best of luck to her, hopefully you can figure it out soon, and she will get back to normal! :heartshape:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Livers21

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am sorry she is not quite right. But if she is not eating well it could definitely be a problem. All i can recommend is to take her back in for another check, its possible they missed something the first time, or her symptoms were not far enough along to catch? Best of luck to her, hopefully you can figure it out soon, and she will get back to normal! :heartshape:
Thank you! They've run multiple blood tests and have done an xray and ultrasound. At this point we have been told that there is not much more they can do unless we want them to become invasive, meaning "exploratory surgery" to try and see if they can find something. This is something we do not want to do. We are going to keep monitoring her for the next couple of days and we may try steroids as an option if she still seems off. We just wonder if anyone else has ever experienced this.