My cat is dying

spoonersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I don't really have the words to make you hurt any less. Loving a cat is such a personal, yet totally understandable by many, thing that although all of us can totally feel your hurt, we cannot feel EXACTLY what you feel. All we can do is let you know that we hurt that you are hurting and I know that each and every one of us can put ourselves in your shoes. I had a adult cat that got sick and within 48 hours, she was gone and I have never cried nor felt so much pain (both of my parents are dead and I don't want to slight them as I loved them VERY VERY much) as with my Krissi dieing. I was so upset, had to even take couple days off work to mourn. But all that said, please let us all be there for you as I know you will do what the loving mom would do for an adored animal that is terminal and hurting...and although it won't make the pain any less for you, in time you will know you did the loving and unselfish thing for Taffy. God Bless and let us be there for you when and if you ever need.

lillekat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They say you never truly can love someone until you can let them go. If you can put their comfort above your own, THEN do you really love them. You've obviously done exactly that, and the important thing is that Taffy knows she was loved. I don't know or understand anything of FIP or any of these illnesses... I've never had to face them, but you've been incredibly strong and unselfish in your decision - that's a really admirable thing. You've just got to be strong for Kegan now, and I sincerely hope that things get better for him. God bless.

shaparis

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hopper,

iam so sorry for your loss!!! I have been checking in each day to see how taffy and kegan are doing... you did the right thing for taffy- please dont question yourself on that. now, do your very best for kegan- as you have been doing along for both he and taffy. my thoughts are with you.

shannon

spoonersmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have been thinking of you and your situation for days now and I am just curious how you are. I pray for you daily, I know you are in a painful situation and sure do hope things are brighter (even a bit?) than before.

Just wanted you to know you aren't alone. You have prayers of me, and I am SURE many, many more on here that understand loving a kitty.

keplite

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am so very sorry for what you and your baby are going through. Your poor little furbaby. We as humans are so helpless when our babies are sick. I know, I just lost my 20 year old siamese seal point, Ming, 11 weeks ago. She was very sick also. Meds, force feeding, fluids, the list goes on. She started having seizures in the end and I begged the vet to please help her. He said all he could do was tests to see what could be done. I couldn't poke and prod her anymore. My poor Ming. As your poor baby. Love your little one and hug her. She know how much you care. She always will. No matter what, she will always be with you. One day, you'll see her again as I will my Chan and Ming. I will keep your baby in my prayers.