My cat is a tabby with spotted belly and she acts like a bengal she follow me and she loves water !!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She's adorable! You took some very cute pictures of her, too :)

I would describe your cat as a brown tabby domestic shorthair. Her tabby pattern is not very distinct, but I think the closest description would be "broken classic." Spots on the belly are normal for tabby cats. Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less special... your girl is super cute!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

badr.elkassimi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I would describe your cat as a brown tabby domestic shorthair. Her tabby pattern is not very distinct, but I think the closest description would be "broken classic." Spots on the belly are normal for tabby cats. Most cats are not any particular breed, but that doesn't make them any less special... your girl is super cute!
Thank youuuu yes she is hhh and veery active and loyal she follow only me at home also she loves to play with water tgere is 1% bengal hhh.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She looks like a regular tabby, mostly. Now, the pure black nose is interesting; I don't think I've ever seen that on a tabby before. But I don't think that's necessarily a Bengal trait either. It's really cool!

She's very cute!

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Now, the pure black nose is interesting; I don't think I've ever seen that on a tabby before. But I don't think that's necessarily a Bengal trait either. It's really cool!
I agree, Willowy! I'm guessing she comes from a different part of the world and that may be a feature of the local cat population. It's not a breed trait in any breed of which I'm aware.

badr.elkassimi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Wow Thanks for the information and for the notice about the nose that's intresstinf and motivate me to keep read aboit cats breeds

badr.elkassimi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She looks like a regular tabby, mostly. Now, the pure black nose is interesting; I don't think I've ever seen that on a tabby before. But I don't think that's necessarily a Bengal trait either. It's really cool!

She's very cute!
Wow Thanks for the information and for the notice about the nose that's intresstinf and motivate me to keep read aboit cats breeds

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As said above, spots on belly, however sweet this belly is, doesnt prove anything, because many tabbies have spots there.

But on the pic of her side, I think I see real spots, its not just broken mackerel spots...
If you being there (or giving us more good pics of her sides and backside) see clearly these ARE spots, and not broken up stripes -

you do have a spotted tabby on hand. :)

She is still a domestic, but spotted tabby domestics arent that common, even if they DO exists. :)

So something to be a little extra proud of, as an extra to your sweet and splendid girl!

Roxabelle

Human slave to Sinclair the Kitten
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She’s absolutely beautiful! It’s so sweet that she follows you everywhere. My tabby kitten does that too! She’s too little to repack the sink yet so l have to wait and see how she likes water... What is your cat’s name?

Minnie_Mom

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She reminds me of my cat. My cat is a silver tabby her coat is black and grayish, but she has spots on her belly. Does your cat dip her paw into water and then lick it? My cat is hilarious around water.

KaylaMia&MickeytheKitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Wow she looks so much like the kitten my daughter was given for her birthday! I've been trying to figure out what he is- and so far I feel like he's at least part Egyptian Mua. These cats are where Egyptian women even got their inspiration for their eyeliner. It's pretty cool to read about. Mickey has more of a "Broken Macrel" pattern on his back- but his belly and coloring are just like hers. He also has the "Ticked" fur too! I forget where the "Tabby" name came from- but I think the article said- all cats have the gene to be a "tabby" but "not all tabbys are Egyptian Mua". I'm definitely not an expert though! Never had the inclination to do so much reading on my other kitties. Either way- they're all amazing and special their own way! <3

KaylaMia&MickeytheKitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Yes thé fis that 😮
😻😆 Omg, is your kitty's name Minnie?! We named ours Mickey! Lol, it was the first thing I could think of after my 4 year old daughter tried naming him Princess lol. We almost went with Prince, but then I noticed the M on his head. She sounds like she might be a Silver Egyptian Mua. That's what I think he might be- at least partially. It says their breed loves water & heights, and are very talkative. Which all rings true for Mickey. I'm planning to do s DNA test at some point because I'm so curious.

KaylaMia&MickeytheKitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
😻😆 Omg, is your kitty's name Minnie?! We named ours Mickey! Lol, it was the first thing I could think of after my 4 year old daughter tried naming him Princess lol. We almost went with Prince, but then I noticed the M on his head. She sounds like she might be a Silver Egyptian Mua. That's what I think he might be- at least partially. It says their breed loves water & heights, and are very talkative. Which all rings true for Mickey. I'm planning to do s DNA test at some point because I'm so curious.
(**Clarification- I think Mickey is Egyptian Mua, but he's Bronze like the cat in the picture. ) (Another cool article I read spoke about breeding patterns for certain colors. I was surprised to learn using 2 cats of the same color may not give the same color offspring- or at least not as many as people are looking for. It was pretty fascinating to read.)