My Blue Eyed Boy

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I apologize for not being able to read everyone's responses. I just couldn't. Laura, you were such a blessing to him. You didn't do him wrong so please don't feel guilty. When (people and I would think animals) are dying, they aren't hungry. They may eat a small amount, but not like they ordinarily would. I couldn't make it all the way through your post, either, but you are the kindest human. :hugs:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
As I type this, I can visualize you walking along, accompanied by so many little Love-shadows, all of the cats you worked so hard to give good lives to.
That's really sweet, I love that image.

:hugs:
When (people and I would think animals) are dying, they aren't hungry. They may eat a small amount, but not like they ordinarily would.
Thank you. I hope he didn't feel as bad as it looked. Maybe he was just confused and weak and not really aware of what was happening to him. I'll hold on to that.

We buried him in the enclosure next to his friend Toby, who left last summer. They were always the best of friends.

AlbertToby4.jpg

It seems that this month has a lot of sadness for me. Another of our cats passed away yesterday morning, quite peacefully in her sleep.

I'll start a thread for her soon, but I can't face doing it now.

catlover477747

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Kidney disease is so unpredictable; you took the advice from your vet. You shouldn't be expected to know how the disease would progress and no one can predict the future. My boy died from a stroke or seizure which was sudden after a long fight with CKD. Wish we could have prevented it but then we would have felt guilty to end his life too early? It's so difficult to find the right time because there is no right time. If you didn't care about Albert, then you wouldn't be sad. He was beautiful, dear, and you loved him well. Rest in peace sweet Albert.

thanatos0042

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I am sorry you lost your boy, he looks happy and he had a good life...and sometimes at the end of things, we just don't know if we are helping or prolonging things. Since they can't really clearly communicate with us, it's tough and all you can do is ask forgiveness and continue to love them until you get to see him again.

RIP Albert, you lovely kitty. We here will carry you with us as well.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Norachan Norachan
My deepest Sympathy for the loss of your blue eyed beautiful boy and your sweet girl,my they rest in peaceful,Heavenly bliss

I'm sorry I didn't know of Albert's passing or I'd have been here as you are always here for all of us and you are loved,finding words to Comfort you are impossible but I pray for the Comfort and Peace from where it is Possible and I pray with all of my heart

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Norachan Norachan I'm sorry to be so late to your thread but please know that my heartfelt sympathies go out to you. :hugs: I don't often come to this thread since it's very difficult for me but I wanted to express my deepest regrets. Albert was a prince and you treated him like royalty. For your act of love and companionship he will remember you fondly. 😻 He is with his BFF Toby now who will look after him for you. RIP sweet, gentle angel. :angel: