IMG_6588.JPG
IMG_1696.JPG
IMG_4486.JPG
IMG_4980.JPG
IMG_0032.JPG
IMG_1575.JPG
IMG_5625.JPG
IMG_7685.JPG
I have a 6 year old (birthday today on Halloween!) grey-blue cat with yellow gold eyes and a white bikini patch.

I used to think she was maybe a Russian blue, but I've read it's vital that they have green eyes. While hers may look green tinged at times, they're definitely yellow gold, occasionally nearing copper.

She's small, less than 9 pounds. She chitters and chirps and sometimes sounds like a pigeon when she makes closed mouth noises. Her paw pads are a dark mauve. Her nose is grey-black.

I'd love to get some feedback. Her name is Olive.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I think we could compare her more to a Korat than a Russian Blue. While Korats also have green eyes (although sometimes with an amber tint to them), she is more similar to Korats in body shape than a Russian Blue. Technically, without papers, she would be called a blue Domestic Shorthair. Blue cats of indeterminate breed can also be called Maltese cats. Olive is very pretty no matter what you call her. :lovecat2:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

yendyc

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think we could compare her more to a Korat than a Russian Blue. While Korats also have green eyes (although sometimes with an amber tint to them), she is more similar to Korats in body shape than a Russian Blue. Technically, without papers, she would be called a blue Domestic Shorthair. Blue cats of indeterminate breed can also be called Maltese cats. Olive is very pretty no matter what you call her. :lovecat2:
Thank you so much! She loves compliments!

I agree she resembles the Korat, but her very tiny body and relatively light weight doesn't fit the profile of a heavy, compact cat.

And I really appreciate you mentioning the Maltese cat, which I've never heard of. At least I have something to refer to instead of just calling her my blue cat. :)