My Bengal starts attacking at night!!!

mazspeed

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok, here is my problem right now. I have a F4 Bengal, the love of our life here. He also has asthma and he get's some theophylline for this. At night for the past 2 to 3 weeks Agro seems to want to hurt the other cats which includes Maximus the Big F1 Chausie. He mostly goes after Kirby the Bengal Chausie cross. I would like to give Agro something to calm down, but I don't know what, and I don't want it to have side effects and or cause a problem with his medication. Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance
Mike

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would try Rescue Remedy, and I would also look into getting the Feliway Plug. I recently installed the plug in my house, and it has calmed down two of my cats considerably. Neither one of these two solutions will impact the medication you are giving, and your cat is probably acting out because he just flat does not feel quite right.

sandie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would agree with Hissy and start there. Going with prescription medication should be a last resort. I really think between the Rescue Remedy and the Feliway, in a few weeks you will see a big diffrence.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mazspeed

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok.. I bought the plugin and the spray.. pray for me :-)

Cheers
Mike

tracie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I have a bengal as well and he loves to terrorize us at night. We found that Bach's Rescue Remedy, found at Whole Foods Markets helps a great deal.

Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mazspeed

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi Tracie.. I have tried that too but no luck. Plus he hates that stuff.. Trying to put it in his mouth is impossible.

Cheers
Mike