my babies big and pregant and i dont know what to do

linka

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Bubbly noises? Hey, I felt something like that in Misty's tummy this morning, not like a purr but like a bubbly vibration or something, I don't know, I'm just too nervous LOL!!!!!

P.s I'm sure your baby's little ones will come soon too...fingers crossed mine will too, otherwise by the sound of it both of us will be ending up in the nut house!!!LOL

toprecious2b14

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL!!!!!!! Hmm.. I am guessing the bubbly crinklely bubble noises are caused by the kittens moving? But Im just guessing... Im normally 99.9% wrong most of the time LOL

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catlover18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i was a little sad that two didn't make it but i had been preparing myself that some if not all would die because she was so small. Good luck with all the other mom's to be. I wish they would stay little forever but i know they will grow up. I will send pic soon very soon.

3kittys

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
WOW, congrat's to you and your babies!!!! Just curious but what did you/she do with the ones the died? Did she "dispose" of them? How long have you been locking her up in the bathroom while you were gone? I'm trying to figure out when I need to do that to my Angel. I noticed yesterday when she "tried" to jump on the counter to eat she didn't make it but I was right there. She hasn't stopped eating yet....does that happen to all cats before they deliver? I do take her tomorrow to vet at 10:30 a.m. central time to be checked so I'm sure I will know more then.

Cathy

toprecious2b14

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feel like rachel from friends when all the women after her had their babies... LOL

Ok but yeah my girls having trouble jumping too.. ( the weight in her tummys pushing her down LOL)

I hope my kitties turn comes soon!

catlover18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i am sorry to let everyone know that one of the kittens died. We have beeen let them out of the bathroom and we didn't relize our male cat had gotten back in and he got a hold of one of the kittens and killed it. The other kittens are ok but Anna is looking for the one we lost. We are giveing her extra care and hopefully things will be better.

kaiukats

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Unfortunately male cats do that. It's their way of trying to get moms to go back into season. Also, he might have been trying to breed the kitten and killed it during his attempt.

Sorry you lost your baby.

Elizabeth

3kittys

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh wow, I'm so sorry. I hope you didn't "witness" this happening. I have a male cat also that mostly stayed outside but I have really been watching him when he does come in. He mainly comes in to eat. I haven't even seen him go near where the kittens are plus I don't think Angel would let him near them without us hearing something. If nobody is home Angel and kittens are closed up in my son's room.

I sure hope Momma cat gets over this soon.

Cathy

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yes it is their way of survival. The male will usually try and kill all the kittens, because the grief will throw mom into an unexpected heat. I would capture said male cat and take him to the vets to be neutered, and also keep him completely away from the remaining family.

catlover18

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
no i didn't witness this but my brother and sister did and they were very upset. The male cat Ottis is nerutered. so he is being watched very carefully now. Also a stray cat just had kittens in my moms van. Its an old van that no longer runs and somehow the back window got broke and she climbed in and had four gorguse kittens underneith the back sit so we car planing on bringing her in a keeping her in another room so those kittens dont get killed either.