movement?

silvermoonmyst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ive been feeling my foster kittys belly and once in a while i feel thease little ticks is the only way i cant think of to describe them. Just a little bit of a tick, But it is only once in a great while. I was wondering, is this kitten movement? Is there any way i can estimate how many are in there? To me it just feels like water inside her tummy if you push. Otherwise its rather hard. But i dont feel anything solid in there.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvermoonmyst

Ive been feeling my foster kittys belly and once in a while i feel thease little ticks is the only way i cant think of to describe them. Just a little bit of a tick, But it is only once in a great while. I was wondering, is this kitten movement? Is there any way i can estimate how many are in there? To me it just feels like water inside her tummy if you push. Otherwise its rather hard. But i dont feel anything solid in there.
Silvermoon....has your foster seen a vet?? A vet would be able to give you a more precise diagnosis and may be able to tell you how far along she is and approximately how many she has.

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silvermoonmyst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She was rescued from the pound on the day she was supposed to be put down by a program called compassion in action in my area. She had seen a vet the day Gail took her. And that night i picked her up to be fostered. They told me she had about 3 days till delivery, that was 2 weeks ago. But i havent taken her to a vet myself. My aunt breeds cats dogs and birds and checked her out saying she was fine. I am however waiting for an email from Gail with more information about when she got pregnant.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by silvermoonmyst

She was rescued from the pound on the day she was supposed to be put down by a program called compassion in action in my area. She had seen a vet the day Gail took her. And that night i picked her up to be fostered. They told me she had about 3 days till delivery, that was 2 weeks ago. But i havent taken her to a vet myself. My aunt breeds cats dogs and birds and checked her out saying she was fine. I am however waiting for an email from Gail with more information about when she got pregnant.
Our rescue gets in pregnant cats that have "due dates" that pass...occationally the vet was WAY off and sometimes, we get cats in that were supposedly pregnant..but turned out they weren't (we even got in a rather LARGE male that the shelter swore was a pregnant female
). Gaye and other experienced breeders may be able to give you some ideas to assist you in determining the # of kittens.

BTW..thank you so much for fostering this girl!!

Katie

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

silvermoonmyst

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i foster as many as i can without anger my landlord. And she is the sweetest, very interested in my foster birds too. Although they are less then pleased when she attemps to watch them. Because we have no idea when she got pregnant, i talked to the rescue lady, and she set up an appointment with a vet for monday, if she hasnt had them by then. So at least then ill feel better.