Resolved Most Of My Profile Lost? Edit: Profile Photo?

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm wrong -- it's there, it just takes an extra click to get at it.

The thing that does appear to be missing, however, is my profile photo, and I don't see it in any of my albums, either. Does the new site no longer support profile photos?

Margret

Last edited:

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Instead of profile photos, this site supports "banner"-type signatures, like mine. A few of the long-term members still have them from the next-to-the-last platform. I'm not sure what the size restrictions will be, but 135 x 450 pixels works. Given some time, a "graphic help" forum or sub-forum will be set up for questions regarding picture siggies. People usually make them with programs like Photoshop or Paintshop Pro. Gimp and Paint.Net can also be used and are free. There's a learning curve, but plenty of online tutorials. We had a lot of members volunteering to make siggies for other members, which will probably be the case again.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay, I finally found the profile photo in my albums, and edited my profile to add it back in. This is a change people should probably be told about, however. Profile photos no longer have their own field, but need to be added to the profile in-line, like posting a picture in a message.

The problem with uploading photos remains.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:rolleyes: We cross posted. I'm glad I tried my solution before reading that profile photos are no longer supported. :D

Margret