Morning Madness

Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

tallyollyopia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
First of all--this is not a problem. This is what happened this morning, and it was  madness.

Our house has six cats; Momma, Princess, Asia, Slipper, Ra, and Spot. They have dry food that is left down all day and get wet food twice a day. After they get wet food, the door is opened (usually by AWM, since she's usually the one that feeds them in the morning) and closed when all the cats who want to go out have gone out. 

This morning I was the one to both feed them and let them out. I then went to bed (we'll leave aside the question of what I was doing up all night for another time, another forum, and for an audience who will sympathize rather than roll their eyes). Not an hour later I was woken up by a huge crash of thunder that (quite literally) shook the house! (And if the thunder hadn't woken me up, then Ra, Spot, and Asia would have since they're all still afraid of thunder.) I was soothing the cats when I realized that Slipper, Princess, and Momma were still outside! So I threw on a jacket and a pair of shoes, and ran out to look for them.

Picture it. Lightning is jumping from cloud to cloud in the sky and occasionally to the ground. Rain is pouring down in sheets, the temperature dropped from a (relatively) balmy seventy degrees to a (again, relatively) chilly fifty, and the wind is driving it into the ground at a forty-five degree angle. Got it pictured? Okay.

I found Princess and Momma under RB's van, and getting Princess inside was--interesting. (She's afraid of thunder.) Momma cat was easier to get; as soon as I got back to the car she leaped into my arms and burrowed into my jacket to get out of the rain. (She's a very smart cat and knew I was taking her to shelter.) But where was Slipper? She wasn't under the van, she wasn't in the doghouse, and I couldn't find her anywhere. I was running back and forth from the house (I had to keep warming up; I don't function well cold), and after a few more dashes I reached the back porch--

--only to see Slipper staring through the sliding glass door at the stupid human in the rain. She'd been inside the whole time. 

Has this sort of thing happened to anyone else?