jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Spyral

I have one cat.

How much do you spend a month on food? dry about $20 canned about $18

How much do you spend a month on cat litter? about $15

Vet bills are not an issue yet. He is still a youngin' and has yet to go get neutered. He will soon though.
How adorable is your little kitten.

As for me spending on cats. It's not the food and litter that's costing me a lot, it's the vet bills for one of the cats. He got all kinds of problems.
First, couple of days after I got him he got sick (reaction to flea medication). It all went downhill from there. He had urinary problems, and now he scratches himself out of unknown reason.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Spyral

I have one cat.

How much do you spend a month on food? dry about $20 canned about $18

How much do you spend a month on cat litter? about $15

Vet bills are not an issue yet. He is still a youngin' and has yet to go get neutered. He will soon though.
Oh!!! He is sooooo cuuuuuuute! This is the one you got from that kid in the mall parking lot, right? OMG! I just want to pick him up and squeeeeeeeze him!!

Add: Little white toesies, little white toesies!!!!! LOL!!

jenniferd

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Purebred ragdolls are very expensive if gotten from the breeder. Doesn't seem likely the kid who was not allowed to have him could have actually gotten his hands on one.
The cat is super cute, obviously, regardless of whether he is a ragdoll or not. I think the white toes means the cat is "mitted."
I think he is a seal point mitted "ragdoll" cat.

iluvdevons

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I have 2 kitties, and food (wet EVO 95% venison plus dry NB Duck and Peas) is about $80 monthly plus supplements $10 plus WBCL litter $40 - so about $130 monthly, not counting toys or vet visits/medicine.

canaws

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have 1 cat.
I spend about $11 a month on food (one 6lbs bag of Nutro Max Cat).
I spend $5 a month on litter (one 7lbs bag of Feline Pine).
That's $16/month.

I buy Frontline Plus for monthly flea treatments too. I buy a year supply online for about $85, so that adds up to another $7 or so a month.

abymummy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by missymotus

3 kittens, minimum cost would be at least $130

$45 4kg (8lb) RC dry food lasts 4-5 months
$100-150 raw meat
Eagle pack wet once or twice a week = $16-$36/month

Litter, around $36 each month

Add to that toys, treats, show fees, grooming products......

The first thing I saw was - $45 for dry lasting 4-5 months and my immediate response was "Gee that's not much food!"

And then I saw....

$100-150 Raw Meat

and I went

"AHHHHHHHHH"

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 cats and spend about $35 a month for food and about $12 a month on litter. So just under $50/month for 2 cats.

mews2much

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 4 Cats now because I just lost 2. Coco gets C/D from the Vet and the others get Natures Best which is 35 a bag and it lasts a Month. I also get Iames Kitten food for my Kitten that I give her sometimes. Cat litter is 24 a Month. The Vet bill is terrible right now. The Care Credit is over its limit. We spent so much at the Vet since the end of November.

kelicat

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have 6 cats of my own and generally two or so fosters a month, I go through about 3 thirty pound buckets of litter a month so about $38 ish bucks there. Then about $100-$125 a month on food, feeding a combination of Wellness, Felidae, chicken soup, or Eagle pack, all canned.

artgecko

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
3 cats (1 adult and 2, 8 month old kittens)

Food- ~$30 a month for all three...they are all eating EVO dry and EVO / Cal natural canned...I order in bulk, so buy enough to last for about 4 months at a time (it's cheaper this wa)

Litter- Been switching a lot lately (due to suspect allergy issues). Have ever used a 50lb bag of chicken feed (cost $10 and lasts about 3 months). Now using a mix of papurr and WBCL- so about $27 a month

Not in your Q's but Flea treatment- use advantage, costs about $7.49 a dose (where I get it) x 3 = ~$23 a month,

Total- $30 + $27 + $23 = $80 a month for three cats (I didn't realize it was that much).
Art