Momma cat and babies.

Sadiemarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Two weeks ago my cat (Blacky) gave birth to four kittens. Three of the four are growing and are healthy but the runt isn’t. This morning, Blacky had taken the runt under my bed and separated it from the others. I thought that maybe she wants to abandon it, but she actually started to feed it and lay with it. The other three have been in the area where she wanted them, but she hasn’t went to them in 3 hours to feed or stimulate them. Should I worry about these kittens? It’s worrying me because I don’t know if she is going to feed the other ones, as her main focus is on the runt.

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
She may recognize that this little one needs additional attention. Could you start supplementing his nursing with a bottle. I doubt she will let her other kittens starve, but you can try putting the family back together, supplementing the tiny one with a bottle, and weighing them all daily to make sure they are gaining.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If you haven't done this before, The Kitten Lady on YouTube has excellent videos on how to bottle-feed a baby. You will want to feed KMR (Kitten Milk Replacement). It comes in a liquid, but the powered form is MUCH better for them, and you don't have to store the container in the fridge.