Mink?

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
No that cat is a torbie and white.
Torbie means it is a tortoiseshell and tabby mixed together.
Also It would be classed as a high white meaning the cat has a high percentage of white on its body compared to the other colours

I think "mink" is used to describe cats of a colourpoint pattern who's body colour is much darker than the usual white/creamy body colour. It can also be used to describe tonkinese colours like blue mink or red mink. But its certainly not a word usually used to describe a cats coat colour. Maybe you mean "cream" instead which is a dilute of red.

Last edited:

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise
Mink is a very specific color/pattern. This is from the CFA breed standard for Tonkinese cats:
General Description-Mink colors: body color in the mink colors should be a rich, even, unmarked color, shading almost imperceptibly to a slightly lighter hue on the underparts. There must be a distinct contrast between body color and points.
I'm not sure there is such a thing as mink harlequin since by definition harlequin does not fall into the mink category.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Or a "van with harlequine".  Or perhaps even just harlequine, Im not sure..

Van pattern are  patches between ears, and dark tail.

Harlequine is also the patches on the back.

The rest of the cat is white in both cases.

(after the Turkish Van cat, who made the pattern renown.  The cat Turkish Van is rather rare, but the Van pattern as such  isnt rare at all).

Now, a typical van coloured are not so exciting, its usually just one color.

So I suppose you could use Gemsgem´s suggestions too:  -

So its perhaps something alike van with harlequine, cream coloured torbie..