Milli, missing her friend and her behaviour

queenfe

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Milli.
Well such a sad thing happened, my mother-in-law lives with us and her cat was knocked over and sadly died on Sunday morning.
Milli had to go into the vets for sterilization on tuesday, I went to fetch her on wednesday morning.
Now what is getting to me she is running around the house looking for her friend.. I don't think that Milli understands why PenPen is no longer around.
Should we get another kitty to keep Milli company?
We all miss PenPen so much, yet I think Milli misses her most.
My heart is sore.
Milli has taken up to sitting ontop of the highest thing she can find and watches us as we walk past, last night Milli got cold and has now found sleeping in the cuboard is cozy.
Milli, lol how much she has taught me.

coaster

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm very sorry for all of you. Yes, she's definitely missing her friend. And yes, I think it would be a good idea to get her another friend. When is the question. Some will say right away; some will say wait a while. I only have one experience with a cat missing his friend. When Tommy had to go away Rocket missed him terribly. I got Twinkie a month later. That was too soon for Rocket. He wasn't ready to make another friend yet. I think in his case it would have been better to wait. It was about six months before he was ready to be friends with Twinkie. I don't know what's best in your case. I think you're the best judge of that. Do what your heart tells you is best.

clpeters23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
After one of my first two cats went to The Bridge, his "brother" wandered around searching and crying for a few weeks. It was heartbreaking! I waited a few months, until things calmed down and adopted a kitten.
There was a 13 yr age difference, but they got along great. It's really dependent on how Milli does alone. She may adapt well, and like being the only cat, or she may really miss a companion. She'll let you know.