Mew! Lots of questions...

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a beauty she is. Great shots! Yes, I am glad you found her too, & her siblings are taken care of as well.  It's great that you had another cat already, to "show her the ropes." 

Your neighbor doesn't sound very nice, throwing out momma & kittens!  Sense he doesn't seem to care, maybe a TNR group could at least get her spayed.  

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:wavey: Hi! If you've seen any posts from me before, you've probably seen pictures of my Mew.
I *know* she's not any particular breed, but i *think* she resembles a turkish angora. Even her personality! I'm not sure if its just because she is so young, but she is always playing, attacking, hiding, and being a tiny ninja. She is super smart, too! She can open any of our bedroom doors, and has learned how to get on our daughters bunk bed (and back down SAFELY :D). And for some reason, she refuses to be away from us if we are home. She isn't a huge fan of being held (except during nap time), but if i leave a room she is right behind me.

I know that her mom was a stray black and white cat with short hair. I also know that the dad was solid white with long hair like Mew. Andddd i know that Mew's sister is solid white with shorthair, and her brother is black, white and cream color with tabby markings and short hair. However, Mew has long hair? I'm not sure how cat genetics work.. :lol3:

Anyone else think she could be an Angora mix or at least have some Angora ancestors?

Possibly even Norwegian Forest Cat? I know they get big, but i dont know how big she'll get since she's only 7 weeks old in the bottom pictures.
Two threads have been combine here about Mew. This is the starter post of the second thread and CourtneyKp is asking if Mew might be a Turkish Angora. Can anyone answer her questions.

alyssam

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

Hi!
This is Mew! She is a stray kitten that we took in recently. She is solid white, except for one black spot on top of her head. I have some questions for more experienced cat people.
1. How old do you think she is? She can eat regular kitten food.
2. How long do you think her hair will be? She has 2 layers right now. One is short and thick, and the other layer is about half an inch longer than the first.
3. I've heard that there could be health problems in white cats that have different colored eyes. She has one blue and one green. Do you think this is true?
4. I know that her momma was black with white feet dsh, but have no clue about the dad. Any thoughts on possible breeds or mixes she could be? (Other than dsh or dlh)

Thank you for your time
Oh she is adorable! I have read that white cats with blue eyes can inherit deafness, but nothing regarding vision. As far as being odd-eyed, it just makes her that much more unique!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Nice comparison photos :-D  I think it is safe to say that Mew is still cute and still fluffy.