Mc/ragdoll Mix And His "son"

Solk95

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've got my two cats Leo and Pitch.

I pretty much know that leo is Maine coon and ragdoll because the shelter was told his lineage by the previous owner but still, she could have been exaggerating.
He's 13 now, I got him when he was 11. Hes super relaxed and goes limp in your arms. He's about 22lbs now but in good shape. He has a super curly under belly too .

Pitch is a massive 1yr old kitten. He's 13 months exactly. About 16 pounds. He's all muscles. Not sure if you can glean the breeds in random black cats but he's something else lol. He also has a white v patch on his groin which had him labeled as a tuxedo at the shelter. I've seen this exact birth mark on other black cats online.

Attachments

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
Sometimes shelters will put breed labels on cats, even if they're just lookalikes, in the hopes that it will make them look more attractive to a potential adopter. I could certainly see some Maine Coon influence in Leo, not sure about the Ragdoll, though. Without papers, he would be considered a brown broken mackeral tabby Domestic Longhair.

Since Pitch is so big for his age, I'd suspect that he also has some giant breed (Maine Coon, Siberian, or Norwegian Forest Cat) influence in his ancestry, a few generations back. Maybe NFC is possible, he seems to have a fairly triangular head. That splash of white doesn't make a difference in breed identification, as the white spotting gene affects the coat coloration kind of randomly. Pitch would be considered a black and white Domestic Shorthair.

Both your cats are very handsome. Leo's coat pattern is very unique, and Pitch looks so sleek! Beautiful!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Solk95

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for the Swift reply. Leos definitely a unique little dude.
Pitch is just a monster. And the best part is that he is exactly as young and clumsy as they come in a big cats body. He has NO grace whatsoever. His meow is also this light high pitched squeak.