marinade and sauce?

ilikecats2013

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
http://morepetpampering.net/wp-conte...ngredients.jpg

Animal Digest | More Pet Pampering

this is a source for formula for animal digest aka the sauce /marinade in commerical dry kibble. it been reported to contain nasty impurities ranging from sick,dead,dying animals which makes me sick.

i want to do a homemade animal digest with healthy ingredients. has anyone researched into this matter and gotten a successful formula they wouldn't mind sharing here?

it makes me jealous that the industry has like a full-proof sauce that consistently works, kitty always come running.

the problem lies with how unsanitary it is made, which can solved if you know the formula.

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
...but you do have to be careful adding extra fat to your cats' diet. Fat has a lot of calories. Many cats do well with a diet high in fat, but you likely have to cut back on something else to account for the extra calories, so you just have to be careful either with the amount of food you feed, or balancing the food you feed.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ilikecats2013

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
hmm... ok, bacon fat eh? i take this into consideration.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just thought I would point out that Dr. P uses nitrite-free bacon.

ilikecats2013

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
anyone tried to flavor meat with fresh catnip? does it work?

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
anyone tried to flavor meat with fresh catnip? does it work?
I can't see how that would hurt! What about crushed kibble? I hate kibble too but for the sake of transitioning it might be worth a try. Or sprinkling parmesan cheese on it.

ilikecats2013

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
does whole food carry organic bacon?  that's 20 min from my house so i only go occasionally.  stop n shop and fresh market like 3 mins instead and they both didn't have it.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Whole Foods SHOULD have organic bacon. . .I know they have nitrate-free bacon; in fact I think it's all they sell. Trader Joe's too.

ritz

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I've put catnip (organic) in bait when I'm trying to trap (TNR) cats and had good success. Certainly can't hurt.

ilikecats2013

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
bacon didn't work. my cat hated meat in bacon fat. where do you get organic catnip? man this is more trouble than i expected.

and i think my throws up more with regular kibbles than science diet brand kibbles, does this mean something?

and i do want to get organic meat after hearing countless negative criticism from scientists and research on all the regular stuff. i found organic pork and chicken are easy to find at whole food but not so much for turkey, duck and so on.

anyone call whole food to special rain check different kinds of organic meat like rabbit, duck, buffalo, goat, so on and so forth?

Last edited by a moderator:

aprilprey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I had tried to reverse engineer the Nutro Natural Choice canned food line - but my efforts did not work with my cat.  Have you read about demi glace?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demi-glace

Demi glace is a meat broth that has been cooked and reduced for some time - turning it into a thick, gelatinous substance - due to all the water being cooked out.  Browning any meat used beforehand helps with the flavoring.

Note: Nutro flavors almost always include pork broth.  We are a couple of "foodies" - do lots of cooking.  But even we never noticed that pork broth is rarely used.  A little research finds that most cooks find it too strong a flavor to use as broth.  Is that why it is used so frequently in canned foods?  I don't know the answer to that.

Any broth, once cooled, will have a "fat cap" that can be easily removed, leaving the broth fairly low fat.

Good luck!

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
But even we never noticed that pork broth is rarely used.  A little research finds that most cooks find it too strong a flavor to use as broth.  Is that why it is used so frequently in canned foods?  I don't know the answer to that.
I LOVE pork broth! One of my favorite dishes is Tonkotsu Ramen. I prefer pork broth over chicken and beef. :) 

aprilprey

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

I LOVE pork broth! One of my favorite dishes is Tonkotsu Ramen. I prefer pork broth over chicken and beef. :) 
I do need to try some soon; it would be a nice change from the chicken or beef we always make.  Then I want to use it in refried beans.