Male Cats And Spraying

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They’ve been breeding the cats for a while and no offense but I’ll probably stick with their word about the calico breeding
Sorry, if they told you that they have to mix several breeds to get calicos, they're lying or extremely ignorant. That's basic genetics. Calico is an extremely common coat pattern, because, again, all you need is one dark cat and one red cat with high white. I don't like it when breeders make inaccurate claims like that.

cheesycats

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The most alarming thing I’ve noticed in this thread is your vet told you to let him outside unneutered. No offense, but I would run screaming to a new vet. This person has no clue what they’re doing and clearly doesnt care about the thousands of cats dying everyday because of over population. It’s one thing to make the argument that neutering isn’t necessary which I do understand some of those health related arguments, but then to tell you to let him outside. Lmfao. I would switch vets ASAP.
Also I don’t care how much he avoids female cats when you watch him. He’s an unneutered male cat he IS most definitely trying to mate. That is literally an unfixed male cats whole reason for existing until they get fixed. He needs to be fixed. He isn’t a purebred anything if he’s half this half that. And I agree with the others calico statements, your “breeder” is likely a backyard breeder whom should be shut down by the sounds of it.

mekkababble

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
They’ve been breeding the cats for a while and no offense but I’ll probably stick with their word about the calico breeding
.... I strongly recommend you do some independent research on this as well as the importance of neutering EVERY non-breeding pet. You are getting some very sound advice from other members that you're taking lightly on breeds of cats vs coat patterns and pet overpopulation.

I too live in a 'cat safe' neighborhood- no strays, knowing all the other cats around and their neighbors. My female cat got pregnant on her first heat. Luckily I got her fixed early enough to avoid contributing 7(?!) kittens to the shelter system. I'm willing to bet my left hand that the fathers owner also had a super sweet male who never had behavior problems and hated females. You never can tell what animals do when we're not watching and they move on instinct.