Losing My Mind with Grief

millyanddaisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We understand how you feel! All of us on this site have probably had to go through similar experiences, so we do understand what you're going through. Losing a cat is terrible, especially if you have a very strong bond with him or her. I too lost a cat to a blood clot (healthy one minute, dying the next). I covered 10 miles of twisty roads in 15 minutes flat to get her to the vet but it was no good. It was like a hammer blow when she died, and I was in shock. I'm glad you have been able to laugh, it will help. Maybe you could make a memory box for Piper - put some of her favourite toys in there, or any bits of fur you may find around the house? I collect whiskers when I find them, and I have Winnie's in her memory box. Also I put in some pictures, the diary I kept during the last year she was with me, that kind of thing. Every so often I get all the stuff out & look at it. Six years on it still has the power to reduce me to tears - but if you don't care you don't cry right?
Have you got any other cats? If not, I think you should get some! It won't be the same as having Piper, it won't be better or worse, just different. Think of all those homeless cats that are crying out for a good home - there's got to be one out there for you!
Thinking of you,

Sue

millyanddaisy

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I forgot to say, I'm glad you say you think you can hear her - I had to have my horse put to sleep last year, and I have heard (and smelt) him many times since then. Now I know it's not just me, I'm not going mad hurrah!

Sue

katie=^..^=

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Crystal --

I'm so glad you were able to lol and that you are beginning to have memories of the good times you shared with Piper. That shows you are healing. It is good that you feel you have Piper's encouragement to heal.

It is hard to lose a beloved cat -- and probably only people who have been touched by a little cat can really understand. I lost two cats in my life and I still love both of them. It took a long time before I could think of them without crying and certain things will still cause the tears to come up.

I sending you prayers and good wishes. Good luck to you, sweetheart.